*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/965476-Dear-Amanda
Rated: 18+ · Other · Emotional · #965476
Christmas letter to Amanda
Dear Amanda,

I decided that since Christmas sucks and once again, I have no funds, that I would write each member of the Nut Hut a letter to let you know that I was at least thinking about all of you. Obviously this one is yours! Let me start by stating that the intention of this letter is to let you all know what your friendship means to me, as well as perhaps shedding a bit more insight into exactly what it is that I find appealing about you. This should be interesting! Actually, the opening disclaimer is for our newest member, who will probably think I’m a wacko anyway. Don’t be alarmed if you each get the same opening statement. I will, of course, be delving a bit more deeply into what it is that I think about you.

Amanda darling, you are the sweetest thing I have ever met. You are forever the diplomat, even when you know damn well you should tell some of us to fuck off. There’s more to you than meets the eye, although you rarely let anyone see that side of you. Sometimes I think you prefer to fade into the background, rather than voice your opinion. It has become my personal mission over the past year to break you out of that self-imposed shell. I know the real Amanda is in there somewhere, I just have to keep digging! Occasionally, I think we freak you out with how much we all want you to come out and play, but just remember that the Nut Hut isn’t complete without you there to utter a well-timed giggle or squeal.

Without you to provide some much needed comic stupidity, I probably would have cracked up a long time ago. You always seem to know when to send me that damn laughing cat or some lyrics guaranteed to sooth my wounded soul. Your sweet voice has dragged me back, kicking and screaming, from the brink of tears on more than one occasion. I miss my morning wake up calls, although if you try it now I’ll kill you. I know where you live. Always remember how much you are loved, even though we don’t see you nearly as often as we would like to.

Love
Shannon

© Copyright 2005 Dragon needs an upgrade! (sgdragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/965476-Dear-Amanda