*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/965478-Dear-Bob
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #965478
Christmas letter to Bob
Dear Bob,

I decided that since Christmas sucks and once again, I have no funds, that I would write each member of the Nut Hut a letter to let you know that I was at least thinking about all of you. Obviously this one is yours! Let me start by stating that the intention of this letter is to let you all know what your friendship means to me, as well as perhaps shedding a bit more insight into exactly what it is that I find appealing about you. This should be interesting! Actually, the opening disclaimer is for our newest member, who will probably think I’m a wacko anyway. Don’t be alarmed if you each get the same opening statement. I will. Of course, be delving a bit more deeply into what it is that I think about you.

Bob my love, you have got to be the most neurotic man I have ever met. You have a way of making mountains out of molehills that I find absolutely phenomenal. It’s not that you create them about other peoples problems, just your own, and I love you for it. Sometimes it’s actually a good thing to watch someone else freak out over nothing. Then I get to say, “Doesn’t this sound familiar?” Irritating to have your own words spit back at you, isn’t it?

You seem to be the Nut Hut’s resident shrink; while at the same time are sorely in need of the proverbial couch yourself. Sometimes I think it’s colossally unfair that we all run to you with our hang-ups but are unable to shed much light on yours. You have more stalkers than you realized! Apparently, we all have our crosses to bear, and this one seems to be yours. For the most part, I don’t know if I could have survived the last year without you. Just knowing that you were a phone call away was comforting when I really needed it. I just wish there was more I could have done to solve your neurosis. You are my favorite babysitter, the shoulder I cry on, the only one who knows more dirty jokes than I do, and the glue that holds this little band of misfits together. Always remember how much you are loved. After all, what would a Piss Off The Neighbors concert be without our fearless leader?

Love
Shannon
© Copyright 2005 Dragon needs an upgrade! (sgdragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/965478-Dear-Bob