*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/965479-Dear-Danielle
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #965479
Christmas letter to Dani
Dear Danielle,
I decided that since Christmas sucks and once again, I have no funds, that I would write each member of the Nut Hut a letter to let you know that I was at least thinking about all of you. Obviously this one is yours! Let me start by stating that the intention of this letter is to let you all know what your friendship means to me, as well as perhaps shedding a bit more insight into exactly what it is that I find appealing about you. This should be interesting! Actually, the opening disclaimer is for our newest member, who will probably think I’m a wacko anyway. Don’t be alarmed if you each get the same opening statement. I will. Of course, be delving a bit more deeply into what it is that I think about you.

Considering that you are our newest member, and therefore the one I know the least about, I can’t really tell you what I think about you. Obviously there are some redeeming qualities about you that the rest of the Nut Hut find appealing. I look forward to discovering for myself what they find so fascinating about you. I am sorry to say that I have been suspiciously left out of Nut Hut Conversations lately and therefore can’t form my own opinion. Since I don’t seem to be able to say anything about you, I have decided to tell you a bit about me, so that you have a better understanding of what makes me tick, as if you really needed to know.

The consensus of the Nut Hut seems to be that I’m a sarcastic bitch with a heart of gold. While this is probably true, I am also considered to be the resident “mother” figure. I am the one most likely to pull rabbits out of my hat when things need to be done in a hurry. I poke my nose in where it doesn’t belong when I think it’s necessary. Sometimes I do it even when it’s not necessary. I’m funny that way. I run towards the unpredictable, mostly because I can. I think they just like me because I have a driver’s license and a house big enough for impromptu parties. Considering singing is a pre-requisite for those parties, I suggest you loosen up your pipes and learn a few songs. You will be required to sing them at the drop of a hat. Don’t worry if you are one of us who can’t sing because the Nut Hut doesn’t care. We will make you do it anyway.
Love,
Shannon

© Copyright 2005 Dragon needs an upgrade! (sgdragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/965479-Dear-Danielle