*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/966159-Covenant-strike
by Grey
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #966159
I have just recently revised it do to popular demand from other people hope you like it
Gurnies full of wounded screaming marines are rushed into the command center past a group of spartans."Damn, those covenant sure are getting rougher."One of the spartans says chambering a bullet in his pistol "As soon as I get into space I am going to slaughter those buttholes."

"Yeah I know I can't wait."Another says sliding down the wall into a sitting position on the floor.A large marine comes running into the room holding an arm that is bent back at the elbow like a flamigo's leg."Suit up guys we're boarding a ship heading for a covenant held planet in four hours."The marine says snaping his arm back into place.The spartans bolt down the hallway to the armory and begin to pack weapons into duffle bags."Hey 117 should I take this with me?"A spartan asks holding up a large knife.

"I don't know I've only caught quick glimpses of covenant I haven't actually goten close enough to one to see them. I usually like to blow there brains out from a distance."Masterchief replies slinging a sniper rifle over his shoulder.Seconds later the base alarm begins to sound."What the hell is going on?"One of the spartans asks dropping his pisol to the ground.

"Probably something gay Iam sure."Masterchief says picking up a rocket launcher and putting it over his shoulder over the sniper rifle sling.

"Battle stations we have incoming covenant cruisers."A voice blares over the intercom.Marines come running through the armory picking up little weapons they can grab and go running back out."warning warning incoming covenant dropships inbound."The voice says over the intercom"get the ai off the planet we can't allow the covenant find the location of Earth." Soon the quiet planet is abuzz with the sound of gun fire and explosions.The group of spartans run out the front door to see the night sky light up from intense explosions out in the distance. The spartans stand out in the cold desert night watching pelicans rise out of the hanger just a hundred yards from their position fully loaded with marines and head off into battle.Oblivious to the incoming phantom the spartans continue to watch the pelcans leave in a hurry.In instant Masterchief's motion tracker comes to life tracking the movement of the incoming dropship,thinking quickly John runs into the armory and grabs a rocket launcher and bolts back out the door,rocket launcher resting comfortably on his shoulder he quickly turns in the direction of the incoming dropship and quickly fires off two rockets.Chief watches carefully in the darkness then the darkness is abruptly interupted by two brilliant flashes of light caused by the rockets then a third explosion colored blue letting the Masterchief know that the rockets had peirced the Phantom's thick outershell.He watches as the purple outline of phantom breaks through the darkness.The spartans all turn in horror seeing that the phantom is coming right for them,keeping their attention focused they don't notice the marines piling out of the armory behind them,"Everyone move!"Masterchief shouts over his radio.All of the spartans hit the deck still unaware of the oblivious marines still standing behind them.The spartans watch intently as the outline of the Phantom becomes more and more definite,only when the sounds of the engines can be heard are the marines aware that they are in danger.The Phantom passes just a few feet above masterchief's head he turns over so he can watch the phantom more clearly. As it passes over his head he can see one large hole on the right engine pod.Sadly the marines didn't move out of the path of the Phantom quick enough, the phantom smashes into two marines one was clipped by the left engine pod cracking his head open and the other was hit directly and smashed into the armory along with the phantom.
Masterchief drops the rocket launcher and picks up one of the dead marines assault rifle and heads with the remaining marines and spartans to the trenches at the edge of the compound where hundreds of defending marines have gathered to protect the space port until all of the ai is off the planet.Several have set up machine guns on the edge of the trench and others just have their battle rifles and assault rifles resting on sandbags pointing out into the vast empty expanse of desert.As the son begins to rise off in the distance the outlines of advancing covenant troops and tanks begin to appear on the horizon advancing on the marines,seemingly out of nowhere four phantoms rise up out from under the horizon and head straight for the defending soldiers within seconds the phantoms I right on top of the defenders.The phantoms immediatly begin firing in the confined spaces of the trench.The marines on the machine guns begin firing on the phantoms, uneffected the phantoms continue the slaughter the marines after only a few minutes of this everyone is up to their ankles in blood.John has red blood misted all over his armor from both the marines and the dead spartan laying at his feet the phantoms leave after taking superficial damage to their outer hulls.Everyone takes the few seconds of calm that they have to reload, the marines on the machine guns have to search through the blood to find a full ammo belt.As the marines reload John unslings the sniper rifle,rests it on a sandbag,and begins to pick off elites.With the death of every elite more and more grunts scatter.One kill was especailly effective at making the grunts scatter one of the elite's heads explodes and continues walking for a few seconds then drops.
Now the attacking force is only 100 yards away and they have started to lob grenades into the trench one lands only feet form john and the other spartans.Masterchief pushes the remaining spartan out of the way and in the process of diving for his life the grenade explodes sending him flying out of the trench,but he clips the wall on his way back down.As John opens his eyes he quickly realizes that he is lying face down in the human blood that has now mixed with covenant blood.Masterchief staggers to his feet and turns around, as his eyes begin to focus he sees elites weiling swords jumping into the trench getting into hand to hand combat with the marines.As his head clears John can see that the other spartan is already up and fighting with his knife slighting throats and stabing elites.Masterchief looks around the blast zone where the grenade went off and he sees the arms and legs of marines lying all over the place.As he begins to take in the horror of his current situation an elite jumps down in front of him growling and waving a sword.The elite lundges at masterchief he evades the sword, grabs the elite's wrist, snaps it,and sends the sword back through the elite's chest.John watches in horror as the elite falls to the ground that the other spartan is lying against the wall of the trench with a sword still sticking in his chest.Masterchief fights his way to the body of his fallen commrad and picks up his knife.

Seconds later a fifth dropship flys close to the marines' position and drops off hunters.A marine turns and yells,"We have Hunters everyone out of the trench!" Then he is shot by a hunter blowing his bottom half off.John runs out of the trenches holding the knife of his fallen commrad a hunter fires masterchief does a flip over the shot and stabs that hunter through the throat causing blood to spray all over the knife and his hands.He uses the dead Hunter's body to push off sending him hurling into the other hunter he begins to stab the hunter repeatedly in the stomach.His armor drenched in orangish yellow blood John slowly walks back into the trenches to see an older man standing in the trench with a pipe in his mouth."Your good."The man says.The other spartan looks at masterchief waiting to see what John says,but he remains silent still holding the knife in his hands."Excuse me,but I don't believe I know you."Masterchief finally replies.

"Oh sorry My name is commander Keyes captain of the Pillar Of Autumn. Would you two men like to come with me to my ship other ships have tried to flee and I think we could make it they have already given the command to evacuate the planet now that all of the ai, but one is off the planet.The only one left on the planet is mine."Keys states.

"But why do you need us?"The spartan asks.

"I need some elite soldiers to come with me and safe guard my ai."Keyes says.

"we're in."The spartans says.

Keys motions for the two spartans to follow him, but they stop after a few feet "would you look at that."Keys says pointing to the sky where all of the covenant are leaving the planet."They must be planing something big." They continue to run towards the space port when the coventant cuisers begin to bombard the planet a few feet away from the space port a laser strikes right behind the group sending the spartan and 117 through the air 117 hits a wall and gets back up quickly, but the other sparan is lying on the ground nearly splint in half.The only thing keeping him together is a small scrap of skin and armor 117 walks up the the spartan who is barely clinging to life in a pool of his own blood "Just think I was that close to being saved then this happened.This sucks I was looking forward to killing some more covenant."The spartan says coughing up blood in his helmet.

"You did good soldier."117 says standing back up. "Come on keyes we have to get off of this planet or we will die just like him."117 and Keyes board his ship with the planet falling apart around them "Pilot get us out of here."Keyes says.

"Roger that sir."The pilot replies. The ship takes off and leaves the planet only to be pursued by a covenant cruiser "Get our guest to cryo storage I want him ready incase we need him again.Cortona prepare to jump."Keyes says.

"But sir without corrdinates."Cortona says "Just do it"Keyes interupts.
© Copyright 2005 Grey (greydeath at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/966159-Covenant-strike