*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/971176-My-Muses-Amusing-Musing
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #971176
written for the flash fiction contest, May 16th, 2005
“Hello, Cyn’s muse here. She is supposed to be writing a story about me today. But you know what? I don’t feel like working today.”

Cyn’s muse sits comfortably on the edge of the banks of Cyn’s mind. She is relaxing by the slow-moving stream of Cyn’s thoughts, dangling her musey feet in the murk of muddled words.

“Yup. I don’t feel a bit like musing today, or being a-mused, or more likely, being abused. Yes. That is what I said. Abused. Cyn calls me persnickety, and diabolical, and other words too dreadful to mention. So, she wants me to help her with a ‘leetle’ story today. ‘Just a tiny snippet of prose,’ she says. Well, la-de-da. Ain’t that just too bad?”

“Oh, she can be quite nice, when she wants to be. Fixing up the nice palace where I live. Helping me plant bright thoughts in my garden. But I am not buying any of that today. Nope, not at all. You see, today is play day, and I am waiting for some friends of mine. We are going to go jump into the pools of other minds. Thoroughly mix things up, you know. It is great fun to suddenly zap a sci-fi thought into the mind of a romance writer. Or romance into a horror writer’s mind. I have to laugh! I wish you could see the confusion we create.”

“Well, ta ta. I must run now. There are my friends. Have a nice day trying to write.”

Cyn’s muse laughs diabolically and disappears into the fog of Cyn’s mind.


Word count: 268
© Copyright 2005 Cynaemon (noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/971176-My-Muses-Amusing-Musing