*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976144-Auto-Motive
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Contest · #976144
maximum 300 word response to Flash Fiction prompt
Stephanie walked into the brilliant June sunshine. It promised to be a perfect day: a light breeze, temperature in the mid-seventies.

The day's first business: have the car oil changed. Stephanie loved her maroon car with the sun roof and heated seats. It sure wasn't the 'Vette she'd owned twenty years earlier, that was for sure. Of course, who would rather have a Chevette than a Passat?

Stephanie backed onto her street, turned left up Pine Court, another left onto Lein, then right onto Transit. By this point the dew was semi-gone, and she noticed a blue car behind her.

Nearing a red light, Stephanie noted the blue car's emblem. Nissan. No other cars were around. Even if she had to stop at all five lights, she would still make good time.

Light two was red. The Nissan stopped behind her, like something out of a spy movie, mused Stephanie.

Green. The driver behind Stephanie accelerated at the same rate.

Good luck! Another green light. "Old Navy" kept a discreet distance.

Green again. Stephanie couldn't believe her luck. Checking her mirror again, she noticed the Nissan still tailing her.

Darn. Light five was red. That made three red, two green. Still, not bad.

Stephanie signaled right into the dealership. Nissan followed, pulling up alongside her. She realized that if he wanted, Mr. Blue could cause trouble.

Emerging from her car, Stephanie asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," came the reply through Blue's open window.

"I appreciate your driving me to work.," she said, hopping into the Nissan. Thanks, Steve."

"Sure, Mom. What are sons for?"
© Copyright 2005 gingerosa (gingerosa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976144-Auto-Motive