*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/977710-His-Transgression
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #977710
A man reflecting on his sin
The mist rises from the small mountain pond as they watch the early morning sun sparkle on the last drops of fading dew.

The smell of early morning fills the air with the freshness of a new day. They smell the scent of pine and hear the birds call from the surrounding trees as they to, welcome the day.

They had come to this spot early to see and touch the dawning of a new day. She is still wearing her nightshirt that covers her legs and bare feet tucked beneath, to warm her from the morning coolness.

His arms encircle her and they share a moment of closeness mixed with apprehension, as they both enjoy the early morning sun.

She thinks of his sin, and cannot allow herself to share his offer of affection.

Would they ever feel close again? Close enough to make sweet love like they once had. Ever again, feel the passion in a simple moon light kiss?

The morning quiet is hopefully a time of reconciliation for the both of them. Forgiveness comes easier sometimes with a night of peaceful rest, and the brightness and hope of a clear spring morning.

His lips brush her neck. He feels the soft warmth of her skin, but his gentle brushing kiss receives little response. His thoughts reflect back to the night before when she had first learned of his transgression.

When they had snuggled beneath the covers, the familiar warmth of her close beside him had been cold. She had chosen to turn away from him, to be alone with her thoughts.

He had laid awake long after she had turned away left alone in the darkness to reflect upon his sin. Why he felt the need the to be in wrong place? Why could he have not kept his dick in his pants or at least did a better job covering his tracks.
However, he was only a man. A man driven by the natural desires and urges, urges that would over come him and drive him to act He had been found guilty before, but she had each time seemed to over look or find it in her heart to forgive him.

He wondered it could have been the alcohol, He knew whisky made him crazy and sometimes wants to start a fight. However, seems like just few beers made him horny, and the urge stronger, the desires more frequent. He new it had caused him to do dumb things before; He had to smile as he thought back to the balcony in New Orleans.

A fish leaps in the water of the small pond breaking the morning calm, and returns his thoughts to the present.

On a normal day they would have enjoyed the beauty of the day and the peaceful surrounding, they had together helped nature create. Nevertheless, her face turned away as if he was not there.

The water calms as if had never been disturbed. He hopes with her forgiveness that calm will again return to them. His thoughts drift back to the night before as he lay alone in the night.

What lead him to somewhere he should not have been? In a moment of weakness, he had sat the stage to drive this wedge between them. What event could he have changed? To have not went there, and been so thought less of her. Was he driven there by a sudden need? Or was it just an impulse that caused him to be in the wrong place.

However, the events can never be changed what is done, is done.

As he began to drift off to sleep. He thinks if only. If only, he had just went to his own bathroom.It was just across the hall for goodness sake! He would never have left the damn seat up in hers. What was HE thinking?

Come on now..Smile......
© Copyright 2005 The Cowboy (easyword at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/977710-His-Transgression