*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/979949-Negative-Thoughts
by Nishy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #979949
The darkness that is within negative thoughts (lame description)
She walked quietly along the side walk, her sneakers making a slight squeaking noise as she went. She wore dark blue jeans and a dark gray pull-over hooded sweater. The hood was off of her head and her brown-red hair pulled back into a pony tail. She stopped, closed her eyes, and lifted her face up letting the raindrops land on it.

The rain was coming down at a good rate. People were keeping themselves or their children under their umbrellas as they rushed to their cars trying to avoid the developing puddles. She smiled as she returned walking, the water landing on her. They did not understand, they did not see the beauty of it. They probably would never see it.

Like they never see you? A voice in the back of her head said.

No, thats not true they see me, at least my friends.

Not all of them, some of them only see you when its convenient to them.

No, no that's not true.

You know it is they don't see the real you, they don't see the pain you suffer. The hurt of always being alone. The pain of not being needed...or wanted.

Why am I thinking like this? No, get out of my head, your not real.

You know its true, you are alone you'll always be alone. No one can accept you. You are nothing, you are nothing but a pitiful emotional freak. And no one will EVER love someone like that.

NO!

She bumped into someone, breaking off the negative thoughts.

"I'm sorry," She said keeping her head down so her tears wouldn't show.

"Chrysta?" a voice asked slightly amazed.

She looked up to see who it was and gasped.

"Aiden.." She said in slight shock.

He smiled and gave her a hug. She breathed in his scent. It was the same as it had been a few years ago, before everything had changed.

"It's been what, 2 years?" he asked.

"Yeah, didn't you move for that one job?"

"The one at the firm? Yeah, but...there are some things around here I got homesick for." He said looking into her eyes, then he frowned.

"Chrysta what's wrong? You've been crying, I thought you gave up that habit."

"It's nothing." She said smiling and she knew now she was right.

"Hey I got a reservation for that new restaurant. You know how I hate to eat alone, so come with me and we can catch up. Maybe I can talk you into seeing a movie on Saturday."

"Sure!"

The two walked, the rain letting up slightly. She smiled as he put his arm around her waist it was as if nothing had changed. He still cared about her, he still had feelings for her after two years.

I was wrong... I was wrong about everything, the negative force in the back of her mind said before fading into nothing.

And it was.






(ok I have no clue what I was thinking when I wrote this but...heh there it is...um...reviews? I know it's a weird story but deal with me ppl I've been facing writers block, this is my first story in a while.)
© Copyright 2005 Nishy (safyre at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/979949-Negative-Thoughts