*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/980922-Dominic-the-slayer
Rated: ASR · Other · Fantasy · #980922
a sorty i just started plz tell me what you think
Dominic looked out from under the hood of his gray cloak to watch as slaves were marched to the pens where they would be corralled than sold to the highest bidder. Only he his chair a large tankard of strong Lech Ale a handrail and a small table populated the small balcony ware he was sitting. His stomach turned form the revolting way that his people treated those who lost the latest Crusade of Justice as their king called it. For all he was concerned it was simply a blood bath, he had been in many of those, always on the loosing side yet miraculously surviving. He was about to turn away when five men holding the chains linked to a huge man came walking near him. The man was immensely large at least six foot and a tower of muscle he carried himself as a warrior albeit a defeated one. The mans ears came to a point and his head shaved bald runic tattoos wound their way around his head and face making him seem all the more menacing. Taking another sip of his Ale he watched as the slave passed by trying to com to terms with what he had decided to do after all there were only thirty or so guards he thought to himself at least i could get them a proper warriors death.

Setting down his tankard after downing the last of its contents he said a payer to the god Dieon, god of luck, the god warriors most prayed to. Grabbing the hilts of his swords he stood and walked to the rail grabbing onto it with the other hand he vaulted over landing on the balls of his feet in a crouch between two of the men. As he came up he pulled a strange slim blade that had a curve to it and was razor sharp on one side only. The sword was shined to a high gloss that reflected the sun as it moved with lightning slashes. The guards to either side grabbed their thoughts in a vain attempt to stop their lifeblood from spewing fourth. The men immediately let go of the chain now unable to even hold their own bodies up and fell to the ground dieing. A second man saw this but was in no position to do anything as he had both hands occupied on the chain binding the massive man. Dominic pulled his other sward a twin to the first only slightly shorter, a third man approached from behind him only to watch in shock as Dominic spun sending the smaller sword spinning into a nearby man’s chest right through a small chink in his armor.

The big man took this chance to grab the now three loose chains and whipped them around slamming the head of the guard behind Dominic the man went down limp his neck broken. Dominic dispatched the other two guards within seconds as they were still stunned by what had happened to their now former friends. The column of slaves had stopped by now as guards rushed at the two aggressors the big man spoke in a strangely soft voice, “thank ye lad, at least some of ye have honor”

“Were a dieing breed, now I see why” Dominic spoke in a raspy voice pointing at the men now charging them he pulled his second blade from the dieing man.

“Me name be Jax, tis probably me honor to die beside ye tedey” the big man sead with a toothy grin

“It’s a good day to die at least” Dominic sead as rain started to come down laughing as the fist drop touched the ground

“Seems ye spoke to soon lad” Jax sead also laughing

The guards finally reaching the two lone warriors, two dieing instantly as the big man whipped the bundle of five chains around nearly taking their heads off. Dominic made short work of a short fat man killing him by decapitating him by flipping letting one of his swards slice easily through the mans thick neck. The others dropped their weapons and ran as they new they were horribly out classed by these two seasoned warriors. The two men walked casually to the front of the caravan as civilians ran screaming in all directions, a guard who had been firing shots at the slaves on the roof of an nearby building fired a crossbow bolt that struck Dominic in the side catapulting him off his feet and slamming into the side of a caravan wagon air exploding from his lungs. A slave had grabbed up a crossbow dropped by a guard while he ran, shooting and killing the sniper on the roof. Jax lifted a stunned Dominic into the seat of the wagon; Dominic grabbed the bold and pulled it out grunting in pain as Jax laughed, “dammed laddie you be tougher than a Wearbeast” than turned and began to unlock the remaining slaves as Dominic groaned in pain. “Don’t worry laddie ill get ye looked at, those wounds go unpleasant fast on ye”


Dominic grunted in pain “and I was just having such a nice time and all to” He sighed “well I suppose no good deed goes without punishment” he said darkly.

The large man laughed as the wagon lurched forward “and I thought ye sead it were a good day to die lad”

Dominic sat upright as best he could holding the spreading stain with his right hand “yes, but that was before it started raining” Dominic pulled his hood back revealing a face that would have been considered very attractive with white hair and the blue eyes common to his people. Except for the fact that a large red jagged scar that ran from the bottom of his jaw to the corner of his mouth and right up over his eye, which was white. It set his face in almost a permanent scowl due to the fact that the muscles had been cut. On his now exposed neck a thin white scar could be seen running from one side to the other.

“Get those in a war lad” Jax asked as arrows zipped passed them

Dominic laughed “no my father gave them to me as a present for my tenth birthday” he sead dryly “when he found out I was his son, he kill my mother to. Just so happens I had the ill luck to survive”

Jax sighed as the slaves began to make ranks in front of them “tough life ye had” they marched closer to the pitiful wall that was meant to keep clansmen out not in. There were few soldiers stationed in this town and all were green not one had seen conflict let alone a battle. They stood no chance against hardened clansmen armed and angry, to there name they did last a half hour before being cut down every last one.

“My names Dominic and I think ill just take a nap I’m feeling mighty tired” with that sead Dominic fell back his skin as white as a sheet and his gray cloak was mostly red below the wound.

Jax looked at the man “and I half expected ye te walk the distance, though id have te say ye did a far shie better than yer kinfolk. Oh well Seline be fixen ye right up their laddie as soon as we get ye te the encampment”

* * * * * *


The darkness around Dominic gave away to a gray world of memories vivid, yet still stung like an arrow through the heart. Dominic watched in silence as the memory that plagued him even to this day played out in his mind like so many times before. It was the eave of his tenth birthday his mother in the kitchen preparing what would be her last meal. He remembered it well, meat stew and some bread, his family had been poor yet she still managed to scrape together some money for meat and the ingredients needed to make a loaf of bread. He could even now hear her humming in his minds eye, the smell of the baking bread and simmering stew still brought water to his mouth. He sat in the front room of there small cottage he had a few friends but a birthday was to be spent with that parents. It was only minutes that they began to eat his mother had a warm smile on her face as he ate she took only small spoonfuls at a time savoring this moment of happiness in her mind.

It was the time before morning that his life was to take a turn for the worst, a banging could be heard at the door. Dominic always the early riser went to answer the door dressed only in his pants a bowing knife was held in a sheath hanging on his belt. He opened the door to find a tall beautiful woman standing in the doorway her raven hair cascaded down her shoulders. A bandana over her mouth prevented any one form recognizing her, a large gray cloak hung over her body making that unidentifiable as well. She looked at him and spoke in a cold voice “you are definitely his son” than started in, Dominic stepped back as she came. She spoke again “Your father sent me to give you a gift.”

He would never forget the woman voice as long as he drew breath nor what happened next only his instincts saved his life on the first blow. Her small sword was already drawn as she attacked he managed to get his knife in the way knocking it off its course to his heart. Instead it bounced off the small blade as he fell back ripping up his face from jaw to just above his eye. He screamed in pain, the scream brought his mother in just in time to watch the woman slash his thought cutting his scream off with a gurgle. He managed to slash the woman’s face a small cut on the cheek was all, the mask fell away revealing her full lips ear flawless skin and angular jaw line. The woman hurried on to butcher his wailing mother than without another word she disappeared out the door leaving him for dead and his mother very dead lying close to him. Twin pools of blood spreading under the bodies of them both her lifeless eyes still held tears he was unable to look away.

A friend of the family whom had come to visit stumbled upon the scene and nearly had a heart attack when Dominic moved all covered in dried blood white as death. The man had been at his mother’s side and his own since before he could remember he was like a father to him, he was only known to him as the Mountain Man. Dominic remembered the overwhelming salty iron taste of his blood and the feeling of his longs being filled with fluid very well still. After taking Dominic to be healed by priests the mountain man took him to a mansion in a nearby port town to a man who was strange to the lands his skin was deeply tanned to almost a golden color. The mans eyes weren’t round like all of Dominic’s peoples they were pulled to either side making the man look like he was almost squinting. The man said that he was a merchant form a far away land so far away that the sun rose at a different place in the sky all the while giving Dominic a friendly smile. Dominic later learned the merchant called himself Tai Pei Kitsumoto and the last words he head the Mountain Man say was “Teach him old friend, take him from here to someplace safe away from the lord marshal, maybe he will forget in time what has occurred” Tai Pei simply nodded and ushered Dominic into the large mansion.

This is what always came to him when he slept and he wished that it would grow dimmer with time but it was still as bright as the day it happened.
© Copyright 2005 Paradox (paradoxeq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/980922-Dominic-the-slayer