*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983310-Shocker-from-Hell
Rated: ASR · Article · Personal · #983310
Personal Experience
Have you ever noticed how everyone says "Wow, you haven't changed one bit"? But, have you ever tried to decipher what they really mean is: "Wow you are really boring and need to get a life"! They just don't have the heart to tell you the real truth that you are some pathetic loser and how they feel pity for you. What I would accept better is some kind of comment like "Man, you really need some pizazz, here is a shocker date for you".
My experience in shocker dates wasn't all that long ago. Yes, I am really going out on a limb by opening up my life to all. The world is the writer's source. Even his own is subject to be written about.
It all started eons ago, in a galaxy far, far away... I was just getting over a horrible break up with a nice girl I met in college. We dated for a while then she left me. I was bummed out, How could someone leave me??!! My buddy thought it would be radical and a nice gesture to include me in one of those dating sites on the web. You know the ones, the kind that say guarenteed results to find a love or else. Anyways, it worked to my surprise. We chatted for months online, talked about everything. But to no avail, no bouquets of sharpened pencils. We eventually decided to go out when we found out that we worked only a few miles apart. We went to see "Notting Hill" as a first date. Here is the good part, she cancelled on the first date!! But to skip the long drawn out agony of suspense, we dated, got engaged, then married.
The wedding was beautiful. We had a park wedding in November. The ceremony took place in front of a small river which contained a bridge. The bridge was not long and barely wide enough for us to walk side by side yet alone comfortably. Kinda like marriage itself.
We had a honeymoon in the pleasant hill country of Texas. Nice cottage in November for a week, several wine festivals, quiet time with pleasant walks in the morning. Don't forget the fawns that would walk up to us in the morning while sitting on the porch sipping our coffee.
But like all things, everything comes to an end. As did our marriage, in December of 2004. Her reasons were: I spent too much time to myself and didn't think about US. Then, the clincher, she left me for another WOMAN!!!! ARGH the agony of defeat as the sword of bitterness not only plunges into my heart, but twists with a hot fury that only divorce can carry.
That is okay though. Now, I am finding my own voice that was possible only through the act of dedication and freedom of thought. I would have never been able to get this far in my writing, or be a member of this community if it wasn't for her. So, although I may be hurting right now, I know what goes around comes around. All things will be rewarded in time. So, Life goes on my friends. Let the party begin!!

"In discipline, There is freedom"--Unknown author
© Copyright 2005 Dallas Writer (txwriter2004 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983310-Shocker-from-Hell