*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/984628-A-Pencil-Day
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #984628
Life is a pen and paper, but you only get one shot at writing a masrtpiece.
         The week had been a Pencil week. School was starting and I was finding it easier to do my homework in detention then in school or even at home.

         I guess the reason behind a pencil is subconscious thing. The pencil is a natural thing, like life. With a pen you can make your paper standout, but you can't fix your errors. With a pencil, papers are seen as drafts, or rough sketches. Like life, you try to look neat, stand out, and look professional, like a final draft. The paper is your life and the pen is you. The sentences are your adventures, trials, and hardships. A pencil life is what you could call a "Perfect Life". With a pencil you can erase the mistakes on the paper, on your life. However, with the pen all things you do are permanent; you can't erase your mistakes. The paper is special also, in the fact that you can't crumble it up and start over, or throw it away. You are always writing on you paper, your life. There are always days you wish you could erase away some, if not all, of the mistakes, but you know you can't. Once you've made a mistake all you can do is hope that when it's all done you will have written a masterpiece. No one knows when their pen will stop writing, and some days you wish you had a pencil. That's probably the one thing people wish for, having the ability to erase the old and start new. That same wish is probably the biggest let down, knowing you can't. But at the end of you paper, when there's no more ink to write, you look and read over your paper. If you can look back and smile, and know that you made a masterpiece, then that's what others will see, your masterpiece.

         Life would be a lot easier if we all had a pencil to write with.

(For those who are asking about white out and erasable ink follow the link -->"Erase and It will show)
© Copyright 2005 Holy Demon (shortcut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/984628-A-Pencil-Day