*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/986204-Sarahs-Moon
by dle
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest · #986204
Looking for someone (or something) to talk to.
Sarah sat in her parked Grand Am, on the solitary street in front of the Hillside Mansion; next to the entrance to the Hillside Hollow trail head. It was her favorite high-up spot in town to just sit and get a bird’s-eye view of the city and the lake to the West. She usually came up around dusk, hoping to watch the Sun set and make the lake water blush. But, tonight she came at a time that matched her mood. Dark.

Her pale eyes scanned the sky for a familiar sight – but a passing storm was hiding Him from view.

“C’mon, c’mon.” she despairingly coaxed. Her gaze remained heavenward and focused, despite the blur that came with her falling tears.

“I’m screwed up, you know.” She whispered, closing her eyes for a moment and breathing in deep. “I screwed up when I married that ass-hole in the first place.”

Sarah drew in another deep breath and scanned the sky again. “Come on… Please?”

It was then that the soft golden orb decided to peek through the black clouds and illuminate a dark azure sky.

“There you are, old friend.” Sarah winked at the ball in the sky. “It’s good to see you, again.”

And then the tears came down in a raging flood and Sarah howled at the Moon and held no secrets sacred. Her old friend was a great listener; never gave her logical (yet, unwanted) advice or sided with the enemy. He even seemed to shine a bit brighter when her tears and her screams had finally worn her ragged. Yes, he was that best kind of friend.

“Thank you.” Sarah winked at the night sky once more. “It’s good to know that I can always find you when I need you the most.”
© Copyright 2005 dle (donealee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/986204-Sarahs-Moon