*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/991487-just-a-little-story
by Shadow
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #991487
just a little something I cooked up in my spare time. want to see what others think.
Certainty that something was wrong made the girl stop. She didn’t know why she thought something was wrong, she just did. She looked up at the giant clock sitting on the courthouse, and let out a shriek when she saw fire enveloping it, moving towards the city. She blinked, and the flames were gone. Taking in a shakey breath, she tried to take a step forward, but was blocked by the sudden appearance of a policeman.

“I heard the scream madam, what’s wrong?”

“No...nothing. I just thought I saw something horrible, but it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. Must be because I’m so tired.”

The policeman nodded and smiled sympathetically. He walked away, finishing out his patrol, as the girl forced herself to calm down. Something was about to happen. She needed to figure out what, and then how to prevent it, or at least how to make sure no one died.
© Copyright 2005 Shadow (shadowflame at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/991487-just-a-little-story