*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/994848-un-named-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #994848
A daughter is found
"No! No Max I can do it on my own. In fact I will leave now." Ivory turned and fled from the cafeteria before Max had a chance to protest. She ran as fast as she could without dropping her work, turned a corner and ducked into the first door she came to. She dropped a book on the floor, started to reach for it but pulled her hand back from it when she heard Max calling her name in the hallways. Her book had landed in the middle of the hallway and there would be no way to escape Max if he found it but if she stuck her hand out there to get it he may spot her anyway.
She carefully laid her other work down on the floor and slowly, carefully peaked out into the hallway. When she had assured herself she couldn't hear her name being called but not yet sure if he was still looking for her or not, she reached out into the hallway and snatched her book up off the floor, pulling her hand book and all back into the room. She closed the door when she heard Max calling her name in the hallways, sighing in relief when it shut.
She jumped when she heard cloth rustle behind her and jumped up from the floor, scattering her book and papers. She searched the room looking to see if she could see anyone in the dark knowing that if someone wanted to hide from her they would full well be able to. She sighed in relief when she didn't hear anything move.
"Who are you?" A male voice asked from within the protective blanket of darkness. Ivory peered into the darkness, willing it to go away so she could see her questioner. She almost screamed when two glowing blue eyes appeared in front of her. She pressed herself against the wall when se felt a hand brush by her. Shuffling over as quietly as she could and pressed herself against the wall even more, willing the man to go by her, to leave her alone.
"You shouldn't be in here whoever you are, you are trespassing in a federal officers private quarters." The man said trying to scare Ivory into making a sound, but Ivory stayed quiet and if was possible, pressed herself back even more against the wall. The man put his hand on the wall near her, feeling for the light switch. Ivory drew in a sharp breath knowing that he would turn on the lights any minute now because he was heading in the direction that the light switches were located in all of the quarters.
"Please don’t'-I'll leave-I didn't mean to trespass into your room I-I'm sorry don-don't." Ivory whispered knowing that she was so close to the man that her whisper would be loud to him.
© Copyright 2005 heavens-angelic-devil (heavens-angdev at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/994848-un-named-2