*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000803-Do-over-And-30DBC-for-week-4-December-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1000803 added December 26, 2020 at 1:21am
Restrictions: None
Do-over? And 30DBC for week 4 December 2020
Lilli's QOTD about a do-over:

Coming late to the party I get the bounty of everyone's wisdom. *HeartO*

Yes, I can think of many poor choices or lack of action. Yes, I want a do-over. But no... that's not the way to live... looking in the mirror of the past deluded that one can change it.

I'm not happy with certain times in my past. I'm not happy about many aspects of my present! But... the present is the only time I'm alive and I'm better off facing an uncertain future than trying to recreate a mythological past.

Except for my writing (photos, trinkets)... as long as I don't get snared by the past and unable to come back to the present.


"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS Week 4: Dec 21 -27

21. Winter Solstice Our shortest day and longest night... We’re about to enter the season of winter: Quiet. Reflection. Incubation. Going Inward. Write something inspired by that.

Not inspired at the moment. I've had 10 months of solitude. This solstice was all about covid cuffs and collars (how you carry your mask). I saw the rings of Saturn.

22. Today in History Look up some events that happened on December 22nd, select one, and tell us about it.

1989 - Romania's hard-line Communist ruler, Nicolae Ceausescu, was overthrown in a popular uprising.
1990 - Lech Walesa was sworn in as Poland's first popularly elected president.

These two are interesting. I've been to both Bucharest and Gdansk. History hasn't been kind to either leader. Ceausescu lost his head soon after being disposed. Walesa wasn't a very good president in spite of all the hope. It was a trying time for all of Eastern Europe. Is life better for the common person now? Depends on who you ask.

Many Americans cringed for 4 years of Donald Trump's tirades. But many loved his style and 74 million voted for him in the election. 30 years from now the world's perspective will have changed looking back.

23. Happy Festivus! Let the 'Airing of Grievances' commence...

I spent an entire year screaming. I've done ranted and raged.

24. Last-Minute Shopper's Day also National Eggnog Day I should think good strong eggnog would hit the spot after a day of shopping. See what you can come up with for that one.

I went to the grocery store the day before. I no longer participate in shop-until-you drop. I don't do lines and I don't do drama.

25. Pumpkin Pie Day Are you a fan? Why or why not.

I really like pumpkin pie or sweet-potato pie or just plain pie... *Pumpkin*


26. National Whiner's Day Whiner or winer... you pick. Maybe you'd like to whine about wine... Or perhaps you forgot to mention a grievance from Festivus...

I whine too much. No one likes a whiner therefore...

27. National Fruitcake Day Write about your opinion of Fruitcake. If you don't like them, you haven't had mine.

I was raised with a good brand that was mostly fruit not cake. (from Georgia?). It would be nice to have one now. Thin sliced it can be quite good. Plus, they keep well.


These were my weekly goal for 21-25:

I'm wanting to fall asleep, really worn out. (Updated)

*Boxcheck* 1. I will post every day in my blog. I've barely missed a day all year, but I really need motivation this week. Yep. "Solstice and Star counts (I accidently posted one minute early.}
*Boxcheck* 2. I will make trinket #1 and begin to share. Done.
*Boxcheck* 3. I will plan trinket #2. Planning to use moon photo for reviewing trinket.
*BoxcheckB* 4. I will post in at least one contest. My white-cow poem!
*BoxcheckB* 5. I will finish at least 2 pending pieces of prose or poetry. Cow poem and wrote [300].

I found my glasses while looking for something else, so that can't be a goal. Maybe not lose them again?

My silly poem...
STATIC
White cow in a red hat  (E)
Poem to be read to a child or read by an older child. 18 lines.
#2240453 by Kåre Enga in Montana


My spanky new trinket:


© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000803-Do-over-And-30DBC-for-week-4-December-2020