*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001637-Flagler-County-Florida
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1001637 added January 7, 2021 at 6:47pm
Restrictions: None
Flagler County, Florida
Locale: Flagler County, Florida

Week of: January 4, 2021

         This week finds me in Flagler County Florida for a class with the county techs.  I drove down because I'm still avoiding flying as much as I can.  Yeah, I know that they've tested airliners and found that the virus can't live in one because of the air circulation.  That's not my worry.  It's the airports, and everywhere between my car and the plane.  So thanks, but no thanks, I'll drive when possible.


         This has been a fun class, but it's had its moments too.  Imagine coming to a customer prepared to deliver a class consisting of equipment A and equipment B.  Then, despite all your prep e-mails back and forth, despite all the pre-work you put in, you start the class, and discover that they only have equipment B.  The problem is, covering equipment A and B would normally take 4 days (so you might wonder why it was scheduled for five?  Don't worry, I do too, but they won't change it, no matter what we tell them), but now in covering only equipment B, you can get 2.5, maybe 3 days of training in.  Oh wait, they paid for 5, so what to do, what to do?  Fortunately, they have equipment C & D (yes, I'm using letters just to make it more understandable to Multicast Sites vs.  Simulcast Sites will bore you to tears), and you just happen to be the only instructor who can really talk about equipment C & D at length.  You got all that?  I hope so, because there's a test following this....

         So it's been a good week.  The customer is happy with the training, especially since I know they don't want training on equipment they don't have, and that extra stuff I've taught them?  Very few know it well, and they've had a lot of questions about it, so we've done well.  Plus, I've gotten to spend a week in the warmth of Florida, huh!  That's a wi-win if you ask me!  To top it off, I've found at least two nice restaurants.  Well, three really, but the third one happens to be closed this week.. Dang it.


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Flagler Fish Company          https://flaglerfishandbeefcompany.com/daily-menu/  This is the kind of place I love to stop in and dine.  A local run place, nothing fancy, just good food.  To say their fish sandwich was good would be a gross understatement.  It was Excellent!  Along with that, Smoked Fish Dip.  So good, I will stop there on the way out tomorrow, but a half-pint of it to take home!  *Smile*


         Portugal Wine Bar And Grill          https://www.portugalwinebarandgrill.com/menu  When I saw this on Google Maps, I knew I had to visit it.  Why?  One word.  Paella.  Yummmmm.  A platter so large I had enough for a second night of enjoyment.  It was a nice place to visit too, a bit 'fancy', but that was alright.



In Closing

         I am home the next four weeks, delivering online classes the next three weeks before getting a week off to study and such.  Then it's off to High Point NC, at least as of now.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2021 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001637-Flagler-County-Florida