*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002005-Play-it-again-Sam
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1002005 added January 13, 2021 at 1:13am
Restrictions: None
Play it again Sam
PROMPT January 13th

What songs hit you with a wave of nostalgia every time you hear them?

‘This is a lovely day, this is the day that I’ll remember the day I’m dying‘. That song reminds me of my wedding.

‘Whispering grass, don’t tell the trees, cos the trees don’t need to know’. That song by The Inkspots, reminds me of my Dad. He used to sing it often.

Any Beatles song makes me nostalgic for my youth. The time before my husband and I were married. Carefree and in love.

‘We’ll meet again’. That song reminds me of the way people pulled together for a common cause during WW2. The song was used in the UK during this pandemic too. Vera Lynn who was still alive sang it to support the NHS. (National Health Service} Very moving.

‘You are always on my mind.‘ This song by Willy Nelson reminds me of when my husband and I were going through a bad patch.

Oh there are too many songs which make me nostalgic. Stop it now, it’s making me cry.😢


© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002005-Play-it-again-Sam