*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002322-Goodbye
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1002322 added January 18, 2021 at 12:23am
Restrictions: None
Goodbye
PROMPT January 18th

If you could use a time machine, would you travel to the future or to the past? When, and where would you go?

The future scares me a bit. Not the new technologies but how people are going to be with each other. I believe as the world’s population gets larger and there’s less of everything for everybody, then people will get more selfish. It’s inevitable, not because folk will become less caring necessarily, but because of necessity. It will become harder to claim your space. I mean on the roads, living accommodation and maybe even getting enough food.

So I’d take a trip back to a calmer, kinder time. The fifties I think was the best era ever. The war was over and people wanted peace. In the UK I was around ten years old in the mid fifties. I know no era was perfect but I do believe that decade came close, even though rationing was still on and there were shortages. There were no overweight people, so maybe the sugar rationing was a good thing.
It did seem safer too. There were no riots, people respected the law. Doctors and policemen were held in high regard. Manners were insisted upon. No social media either, that has to be a good thing, doesn’t it?

Maybe it just seemed safer because I was ten years old and had no worries. Who knows? Perhaps today’s kids feel safe too. I do hope so, but I doubt it. Mental health problems in children are at epidemic proportions.

So no, I don’t want to check out the future, thanks.


© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002322-Goodbye