*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002404-Winging-along
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1002404 added January 19, 2021 at 1:15am
Restrictions: None
Winging along
PROMPT January 19th

Do you like things to be carefully planned or do you prefer to just go with the flow? Do you get upset easily when your plans change unexpectedly or for reasons beyond your control? Imagine you are taking a road trip - how much of the trip do you plan in advance?

I hate careful planning. Things don’t normally go to plan for me.
My usual way of dealing with a trip, journey or event is to do the bare minimum of planning. Maybe book accommodation if it’s a vacation. Probably just for the first night, after that what will be will be.
It’s best not to expect everything to be wonderful. There will be delays and irritations in everything.

If you don’t expect too much then you’ll not be disappointed. We journeyed throughout Thailand, The Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia, with the sketchiest of planning. We got lost, got sick and injured, but we survived. I don’t think detailed planning would have made much of a difference.

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002404-Winging-along