*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006632-Still-At-Home-and-Loving-It
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1006632 added March 18, 2021 at 9:51pm
Restrictions: None
Still At Home, and Loving It
Locale: Bloomington, Illinois

Week  of: March 15, 2021

         This week my customer was SVRIA (Silicon Valley Regional Interoperability Authority), the class was Fleetmapping.  This is the class that I modified so much last year at this time.  I taught it for the first time the week of April 20, 2020.  By the time the one year anniversary rolls around, I will have delivered it twelve times.  I find that amazing really, because there wasn't much draw for this class prior to that.  We never delivered it, there were contractors who did that.  I sat in the class in July 2019 and felt there was a lot of 'dead time' or time wasted in the delivery.  Additionally, there were numerous errors in the presentation.  Factual errors, our systems have changed and grown over the years, but that was never updated in this course.  No, the number of deliveries we're doing in this class are not because 'Jim is teaching it'.  It's because it's an online class now, students can attend and learn without the expense of them going to Schaumburg, or someone going there.  Believe it or not, there's still some minor changes I want to do with it.

         My next challenge though, other than trying to learn two new courses on the fly, is to modify an existing course for an upcoming delivery.  It's our networking class, but this customer is what is known as 'Conventional', not 'Trunking', which is what most of our courses are centered around.  So I will modify the materials for this delivery, and we will keep them for future use because this won't be the last time this happens.  I do not teach next week, so I have 5 days to get it done.  Well, at least the majority of it.  I am teaching the following two weeks, but only 3 hours/day, and then I will teach this Conventional customer.  So I should have time to touch up minor things that I might not get to next week.


In Closing

         I am home this month as I said, all of April and May, at least as of now.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!

© Copyright 2021 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006632-Still-At-Home-and-Loving-It