*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008594-Have-you-ever-had-just-one-of-those-DAYs-Try-a-WEEK
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#1008594 added April 15, 2021 at 10:52pm
Restrictions: None
Have you ever had just one of those DAY's? Try a WEEK!
  
My day went kinda like this!

My girlfriend Kary had to tell me to breathe.
Way too much for one week.

It started with a text from my landlord on Monday, letting everyone know that the Sheldons were working on finances to purchase the properties, and she would let us know if and when she had a date that it would be final. Wednesday, she texted us that it would become final today! They SOLD the property that has 4 townhouses and two single-story houses on it. She says that nothing should change except ownership.

I have a horrible feeling about this. I meet them during the walk-through, which truly they had already purchased and had not seen all of them. He asked her if all appliances stayed, and I said no! Because she said yes! I politely said the washer/dryer is mine, the clothes rod, and the two lights outside. He rudely said, good, because we don't supply them. He turned and walked away. Not a good sign. One of the other families had to buy a new washer and dryer two days ago, because of it.

This morning she texted us and said it was final. She was no longer our landlord. Why I'm so worried is that she had worked out a very reasonable rent for me to have a place to live. I know that the house I have can go for $200 more than what I'm paying. I'm on a budget and will have to move if they raise the rent, which I was planning on in June/July. My finances are not quite ready for the move. Waiting for the other shoe to drop on this one.

I know that God has a plan. Boy, do I wish I knew what was going to happen. It would be so much better on my body.

Now for what happened today. I had made plans to have lunch with some friends. It has been over a year since I have eaten out. While we had lunch, I was going to have my oil changed in my car. Ya, know, kill two birds with one stone. They told me $50; ok cool, I could handle that. It was long overdue.

We went to Applebee's. No menus, no salt or pepper shakers or condiments on the tables. Due to covid! Our food came, and our waitress took off without asking if we needed anything. Found another waitress to get the salt and ketchup, she went and told our waitress what we needed. That took her 10 minutes because she was in the kitchen waiting on the other table's food.

When she placed the plate with the salt packets on it, she walked away with the ketchup. My friends busted out laughing because I had this devastating look on my face. She returned a couple of seconds and wondered why we were laughing. I told her, never mind, they're laughing at me.

I ordered a riblet basket with fries. The riblets were mostly fat, and when the manager walked up and asked if everything was ok, my friend said no. Her ribs are mostly fat. He went and made me a to-go box filled with ribs.

When we got to the dealership, he gave me the estimates of some things I had asked for, including the oil change. They total a whopping $822, not happening! As we are walking to pay for the bill, I see $100. My anxiety kicks in! We walk up to the cashier, and I tell her that I just wanted an oil change today. That I didn't want the thermostat done today, just an estimate. She looks at the paperwork he gave me and said, that's your estimates, ma'am.

Gezzz, I said! Shaking my head, trying to shake off this strange feeling I'm getting. The room is spinning, I start to sweat, and I'm no sweater, peeps. My hands are starting to shake. Kary grabs me to steady me on my feet as I lean against the counter.

It's too late; I'm in a full-blown panic attack. I have only had a two in ten years. This is my third. I get calmed down, and he leads us to my car. We leave the parking lot, and at the stop sign, I'm looking at my bill. I couldn't remember what she said it was. But I knew it wasn't what I was told it would be. They put 10 quarts of oil in my car! I asked Kary to review it line by line as I'm driving. She reads it off, and there's no oil filter... lol. Ok, I'll call them when I get home. I got back $15, yeah me!

The bad thing about my panic/anxiety attacks they don't wear off for a few days. They make me sick at my stomach, I'll have a Crohn's attack, difficulty breathing, and I get the shakes. Having autoimmune diseases suck a lot. You never know which one will show up to the party on that day. Sometimes one, maybe two, will join you. Or one will leave, and another one arrives. Sometimes they stay, and sometimes they go away until they decide to show off. You're fortunate if none show up for the day.

But, I count my blessings. I am breathing, I have extra ribs for dinner tomorrow, and I have my $15 back. *Bigsmile* GOD is GOOD!

  

© Copyright 2021 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008594-Have-you-ever-had-just-one-of-those-DAYs-Try-a-WEEK