*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012441-Stress
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1012441 added June 24, 2021 at 5:36am
Restrictions: None
Stress


FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
MAY Villanelle
#981150 by StephBee - GOT Survivor

I need to vent! My husband and I are 77 years old and we are still worrying every single day about a fifty year old daughter. I wish someone had told me when I was first considering being a parent that this choice will have ramifications for the rest of your life. Does parenting ever finish? The answer is NO!
Anyway I shall not burden anyone who may come across today’s blog with the ins and outs of our troubles, but perhaps I could suggest some ways we deal with the stress.
Today we went down to the river, a beautiful peaceful place called Lilac Hill Park. The best thing about this place is the coffee van lady, who waits patiently for customers. Whenever we go there are only us and we have an extra hot coffee with a blueberry muffin. We sit on a bench and share the muffin between us and our dog. It really is a huge muffin! Then we stroll down to the water’s edge and watch the water birds doing their thing. How could anyone feel stress in such an environment?
This week has been an extra trial though I must admit, and it took me a little longer of watching the pelicans today, to de-stress.
The hot water system has gone bust today. It’s either a cold shower or nothing. I chose nothing as it was nearly freezing outside today. Then my husband got a call from his result of an MRI he had on his prostate last week. The specialist has booked him in for a biopsy on the 19 th July which happens to be my birthday. He said there is a concern about prostatic cancer. However my husband has taken the news in his stride but has instructed me on the pain of death not to tell our family. He says they will only fuss. So I’ll just tell you. You won’t tell anyone. Will you?

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012441-Stress