*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012596-Covid-crazy-humans-and-cycling
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1012596 added June 27, 2021 at 6:57am
Restrictions: None
Covid, crazy humans and cycling
FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
APRIL: Flash Fiction, 500 word limit.
#981150 by StephBee - House Targaryen


Australia is freaking out. We have an outbreak of Covid in NSW There is a two week shutdown and now people have escaped from Sydney and have brought it to Perth! We are once more instructed to wear masks, no crowds etc. Last week all restrictions had been lifted. Yes not even a one. We were back to normal. No limits on numbers in restaurants, cafes, bars or sporting fixtures. No face masks. Nada.
We, hubby and I were thinking of travelling to Queensland soon to see our family, but anyone travelling back to Perth from Queensland has to quarantine for two weeks! I wonder if this will ever actually end. Maybe when we’re all vaccinated, the borders can open, the virus will be allowed to do its worst and we’ll just get a mild illness.

Watching the news tonight and the Tour ‘d France cycle race I wondered about the stupidity of people. If you saw the incident I’m referring to, you’ll see a spectator holding out a metre long sign towards the cameras as the peloton went by. The sign was in French so I can’t tell you what it said, other than to guess. It probably said, “look Mum, I’m here.”
Anyway the sign hit a rider and caused a pileup, multiple injuries and even worse. I did hear that there was a death. So unnecessary. Humans can be really stupid.

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012596-Covid-crazy-humans-and-cycling