*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016509-The-Fairy-Glade
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1016509 added September 1, 2021 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
The Fairy Glade
BCOF Insignia

Day 3214: September 1, 2021
Prompt: Words to use: autumn, sapphire, honeysuckle, clouds, golden, peace, serenity, and time.


The last vestiges of summer were everywhere. The heat still held sway over the weather, drying and choking the plant life. In the shaded areas, you could still find beds of honeysuckle. Their scent lifting into the warm dry air, rejuvenating weary hikers as they walked the trails nearby. Cicadas trilled their songs of life in the dense undergrowth of the woods on each side of the trails. It was a beautiful day, rays of sun coming through the forest canopy in golden shafts of light to shine upon this and that until clouds moved in altering the the play of light through the trees. Autumn was on its way, with cooler days and falling leaves. With the hint of the change in season, a blanket of peace was felt by all who entered the wooded park. It calmed their nerves and whispered of better times to come. As evening approached, the faintest hint of fungus could be smelled in the air, teasing the senses and luring me off the beaten path. The deeper into the woods I ventured, the darker it became until I was lost in the emerald expanse. But still I was driven to find the source of that divine scent, that earthy aroma which tugged at my being and so I continued on. Daylight retreated, being replaced by a cool evening and before I knew it darkness was upon me. Bleeding from the bramble and vines, I finally stumbled out of the forest, only to find myself in a glade I had never seen. The sapphire sky shimmered with constellations unknown to me. There, at the edge of the glade was the source of that delightful scent! A mushroom the likes and size of which I had never encountered. I plucked it from the ground so I could take it back home to study. I must have stood again too quickly because the most terrible pain I have ever felt assaulted my head. I awoke to find myself with no mushroom, in the parking lot of the park I had been exploring. All that remained from my experience was a headache and a longing for the serenity of the Fairy Glade.

© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016509-The-Fairy-Glade