*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016705-Sweet-Pain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1016705 added September 3, 2021 at 7:26pm
Restrictions: None
Sweet Pain
BCOF Insignia

Day 3216 September 3, 2021
Prompt: “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace. ~” ― Chuck Palahniuk - Do you agree or disagree?


Is it possible to kind of agree? I believe that without pain, we would not be able to recognize and appreciate the sweetness. Pain makes the good times that much sweeter. But do we not have “scars” from our happiness? I’m pretty sure those are called laugh lines. While we might learn more from disappointment and pain, we do still learn from happiness and peace. We learn how to trust, how to open our hearts and minds, we learn more about ourselves.
It’s easy to remember the sweetness, if you want to. And for some it is equally as easy to forget the painful times. But you have to change your way of thinking from focusing on the negative to looking for the positive. From being angry and disappointed to being grateful. To forget the pain, you have to be willing to let it go, and I think that is what is so hard for people to do. I think we learn from both the good and the bad, and we cannot have one without the other.



Word Count: 217

© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016705-Sweet-Pain