*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016785-Lucky-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1016785 added September 4, 2021 at 8:38pm
Restrictions: None
Lucky Day
BCOF Insignia


DAY 3217 September 4, 2021
Please use these words in your entry today: Magnificent, foliage, desperate, strutted, pigeon, and peacock. Have fun creating either a poem or story.


Roxy the pigeon fluttered from person to person, begging someone to give her even a morsel of the food they were enjoying. But none would. They seemed content to walk around in their own little worlds, talking to the little strange boxes they held in their hands while they shoved that yummy food into their mouths. And they shooed her away whenever she got close to them. She hates that! Strange humans! All they're good for is their delicious food. But none of the other birds seemed to mind. The peacocks just strutted around all day, displaying their magnificent plumage with a "Feed Me Because I am Beautiful" attitude. But peacocks always act like they're better than everyone else. The ducks and geese down by the pond took a different approach. They would rush up to the humans in a chaos of honking and quacking and wouldn't relent until one of the humans gave in and threw some bread toward them. They always fight over the stuff, each one desperate to get the most bread as if it's the last time they're going to get a bite to eat. The songbirds that like to hide in the verdant foliage of the shrubs and trees of the park didn't have to beg or perform for food. The humans brought them food often and placed it into strange swinging containers they hung from tree branches throughout the park. Spoiled little brats! Humans scared Roxy and the other pigeons away from the seed they put out for the songbirds whenever they saw them on the ground under those food holders. I can't catch a break! Surely one of these humans will give me some food! Roxy continued to harass every human she saw hoping one of them would be the one to give her some food. Roxy saw an older female human sitting by herself on a park bench and watching the animals in the park. She decided to take another chance and try this human too. The human did not shoo her away. That's a start! Next, the old woman reached into her bag and pulled out something that was wrapped in shiny paper. The old woman spoke, an old, gravelly voice that was full of loneliness and age. "Come here little bird." Roxy hops toward the old human. It's my lucky day! The woman pinches off some of the muffin in her hand and lays it on the sidewalk for Roxy and continues to talk to her. Roxy cannot believe her luck and hops close enough that she can eat the morsels in front of her. The woman proceeds to tear pieces off the muffin and place them on the ground for Roxy, talking all the while, until all the muffin was gone. Roxy stayed even after the muffin was all eaten. It feels nice to be here with this human. They both sat there, woman and bird, watching the sun set behind the buildings and trees. Inn the end, it was a lucky day for them both.

Word Count: 538


© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016785-Lucky-Day