*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016790-Road-Trip---Continued
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1016790 added September 4, 2021 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
Road Trip! - Continued
Locale: Charlottesville, Virginia, Hampton, Virginia

Week  of: August 30, 2021

         Today was just a great day overall.  Expensive, but great. I picked up Robert Waltz a little after 8 and we headed for the Newport News/Hampton area of Virginia.  It was a great drive, uneventful, and fun.  We got there around 10:45 or so, and visiting my daughter first.  She lives in Hampton with her husband & two children.  Its been far too long since I've visited them.  We sat and talked for a bit, but their son Jonathan was anxious to get going.  They were taking him to the Gray Wolf Lodge today for a day of fun and such.  I don't blame him for being anxious.  She knew I was coming, but had made these plans long ago.  Since Bob and I had things to get done too, I told her there was no way she was changing her plans.

         We left about 12:45, yep, a short visit.  Very good visit, quality time, I even watched Jonathan play with his VR Spiderman game in his room.  This was significant to me, because Jonathan is borderline Autistic.  We had a good time in his room, but it wasn't long enough.  As I mentioned, all too soon Bob and I had to leave. 

         Our next stop was at the Mini-Mart near the base to get a bottle of Moscato from Italy.  In this case, I got a bottle of Mango Moscato.  Next of course was the Ironclad Distillery.  But, it was lunch time and we were both hungry.  We ended up going to a small place nearby and had a bite.  Back at the Distillery, I found that they had set three bottles of the Rickover Bourbon aside for me to pickup.  We sampled a couple (including their Bourbon Syrup, Yummy!), I even added a bottle of Bourbon Syrup to my stuff.  Bob sampled more than I did since I was driving.  I'm a lightweight with alcohol, so didn't want to push things.  If I lived in this area though, I'd be in trouble, their stuff is that good.

         Then we had the drive back to Charlottesville, but we had to make a stop for dinner at a Vietnamese place that Bob likes.  Yeah, it too was good.. very good.  After that, the drive.  Not long, Bob and I talked all day long it seems.  It wasn't like meeting someone for the first time (okay, second time, we did have dinner together with 🌕 HuntersMoon and his wife in December 2019), but it was not like two men who barely know each other, it was like old friends meeting after not seeing each other for quite a while.  Maybe due to a lockdown caused by a Global Pandemic?  So yes, a very good day, tiring, but good.


In Closing

         That's about it for now, til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!





Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2021 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1016790-Road-Trip---Continued