*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018085-Weekend-Road-Trip
by Sum1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2224976
Writings about things that have occurred in my life. Not in Chronological Order
#1018085 added August 6, 2022 at 10:16am
Restrictions: None
Weekend Road Trip
Weekend Road Trip



         It was time for a small, short road trip. I remember the days my father would take us on a road trip around New Mexico. When I think about it, those times were few and far between, but we still saw some beautiful sites in the Land of Enchantment.

         Yesterday was a day much like those old days. First, it was an outing to the local 'Really Free Flea Market. Not to look for anything, but to donate. I had 4 boxes of 'stuff' to get rid of. An old Router that we no longer use. Several USB Keyboards. I would have had wireless keyboards to add to that if I'd gotten up off my 'duff' and checked them out. I have at least 3-4 here that are not used. I just need to verify the USB Transceiver for them is the correct one. Some of them are Mouse-keyboard combo's. Either way, I managed to unload a bit of things we don't need or use, and some were put to good use quickly. How do I know that? Before I could unpack the keyboards, a young woman was asking about them, and grabbed all three.

         After that, we went to the Okay Valley Orchard for everything related to apples. A bit of Apple Cider, some berry and apple jams, you know, the general things related to apples. Next up was the Great Pumpkin Patch about 5 miles away. Funny how I asked several young children if they'd seen Charlie Brown, and all I got was a strange look. *Smile* It was good to get out though, good to mingle around and such. I found myself wishing we'd brought our young Akita with us, he would have had a ball, loving all the kids, and being loved in return. We didn't get much there, just a couple of gourds. Still, like I said, it was good to have a day out.

         Till next time, y'all be good, take care of yourselves, and love those who love you. And of course, keep on writing!

© Copyright 2022 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018085-Weekend-Road-Trip