*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021987-Working-From-Home-Til-The-End-Of-2021
by Sum1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #2224976
Writings about things that have occurred in my life. Not in Chronological Order
#1021987 added October 19, 2022 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Working From Home Til The End Of 2021
Working From Home Til The End Of 2021



         Well, health-wise, things seem to be on schedule. I say seem to be, because we (the doctors and I) will not be sure until he runs a couple of tests? What tests? I don't know, I sure hope he does. *Smile* Actually, I suspect he will send me in for a PET Scan to verify that the Myeloma has not spread outside my bone marrow. The other test I can see him doing, is taking a Bone Marrow sample. That would show how well the treatment I've been going through for six months has been successful in killing off the Cancerous White Blood cells.

         If either test shows that things have not progressed as expected, there are a couple of alternatives available. Please note that this is all conjecture on my part. First, continue with my current treatment of Valcade Shots, and a three week treatment of Revlimid and a week off, and repeat. A second option might be to stop the Velcade shots and start a monthly IV of a comparable medication. A third would be to send me to a Clinic/Hospital in Chicago. There they would take their own Bone Marrow sample, and 'wash it' clean of Cancerous cells. I would then receive a MASSIVE dose of Chemo. This would kill off my entire immune system, good cells, cancerous cells, everything. I would be restricted to a 'bubble', and remain in it. The washed bone marrow would be injected into my thigh bone (I'm assuming here), so it can regrow and restart my immune system. This could take 3-6 weeks, depending on my health, and how I do. I'd remain in that bubble the whole time. Again, all conjecture on my part here. I suppose there are other things he could do, but I have no idea what.

         Of course, Motorola Solutions (I call them Motorola, but that's my employer's full name) is wondering if I can travel come January. I've told my manager that it will depend on test results, and am not sure exactly what tests my doctor has planned next month. He knows I will keep him up to date. But.... right now, I am scheduled to teach in Schaumburg the first week of January, travel to Boston the following week, then have two weeks of no delivery. Then it's a thee day class in Washington DC, one day in Schaumburg, and a week in Delaware. There was more on my schedule, a lot more. But they (My manager and scheduler) realized that I've been at home for all but fourteen weeks of the past 104! So they moved classes to others instructors so I wouldn't get worn out. It's nice to know your manager is looking out for you, isn't it? But maybe, just maybe, you'll start seeing posts here about me traveling again. Nice! *Smile*


         That's all to report for now. Till next time, y'all be good, take care of yourselves, and love those who love you. And of course, keep on writing!

© Copyright 2022 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021987-Working-From-Home-Til-The-End-Of-2021