*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018207-RE-Heres-to-All-the-Anonymous-GiversA-Confession
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1018207 added September 28, 2021 at 7:44am
Restrictions: None
RE: Here's to All the Anonymous Givers...A Confession
I have a confession to make.

Today, I saw my neighbour who suffered burns out in in his garden, and since it's bin night (we have to place our trash out on the street for collection every Tuesday) I popped over to take his bin out as I was doing my own then anyway.

He has improved a lot and I must admit that I was curious as to if he had actually noticed that his lawn had been mowed. He didn't say anything as we spoke about his recovery, so I left it at that and went to get ready to go to my meeting.

As I was leaving, I saw him reversing out his driveway, waved and...POOF...there appeared a saint on one shoulder, and the devil on the other...and in a 'who should I listen to' moment...I must confess that the devil won...and I am so glad he did.

Here's exactly how it went down...I waved, he waved back and once the devil made me do it, I walked over and tapped on his window as he waited for traffic to pass...he rolled down his window and I said...and I quote, "Geez mate, your lawn sure is looking good."

The next few seconds were the funniest few moments I have had in a long time...facial expressions tell a lot, and his went from a really proud smile, then in an instant went to bewilderment as the realisation that it DID look good...then the Ummmmm moment of confusion...to...WTF are you doing over here paying me compliments on my lawn...all in a matter of two seconds.

I walked away with the biggest smile on my face because I seriously don't think he knows (and so anonymous reigns).

Now, I know anonymous is a great thing, but, my payoff for mowing his lawn and those few seconds made it so worth the effort...and for once, the devil did a good thing.

© Copyright 2021 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018207-RE-Heres-to-All-the-Anonymous-GiversA-Confession