*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019152
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Women's · #2139377
Arlynn's story - 2017 edition; 2021 Edition (Zayda'a Story)
#1019152 added October 11, 2021 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
2021 - Day 13: General: Brainstorm
Oct. 13: - General: Freestyle Brainstorm, World Building or Research â–¼

Spend at least fifteen minutes clarifying things through ""What If"" brainstorming, mind mapping (see resources at the bottom of the calendar), freestyle writing, lists, drawings or research as follows:
World Building: For fantasy, science fiction, or other speculative fiction, develop the history, geology, ecology, and/or maps for your world.
Research: For reality-based fiction, research aspects of your novel that will lend credibility to your writing.

You may also choose to use this time to finish a previous assignment that needs more time.


I have been working on adding more to last week's plot points and getting to know Plottr.
On my walk I discovered this:
Trace's Grandfather is a tyrant and to keep him 'happy' and away from running ram shod over his mother Lorraine, Trace complies with his Grandfather's wishes.... but in secret he also studies creative writing and Journalism as well as the REQUIRED business studies.
His Grandfather believes in competition to keep people sharp - so he has pitted Trace and his cousin, Daniel (an only child who was brought up to believe this would all be his) against each other.
He has also picked a bride for each of his grandsons - the one for Trace is a lovely girl (Evelyn), who is in love with someone else - she is from a rich, powerful family and his Grandfather believes the union will only make him more powerful and respected.
Because of this, he believes that Zayda is not from the right stock of people (he may not even know she's a witch) - Grandfather discourages any union with Trace and sends her packing believing Trace would really go through with this marriage - "It's a done deal."
Lorraine also disapproves as she knows Zayda is a witch and does not want her son associating with her - she threatens to tell others - in a warped way she believes Zayda had something to do with the death of her 'beloved' William (her violent, abusive, alcoholic husband).
Trace's younger sister, Sofia is an ally - she works to get Trace and Zayda back together. She is 4 years younger than Trace, 2 years younger than Zayda. She was another kind soul back in Roseville.

Zayda remembers seeing them both off the day they left Roseville for good.
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!


My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
© Copyright 2021 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019152