*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019662-No-news-is-better-than-good-news
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1019662 added October 19, 2021 at 9:33pm
Restrictions: None
No news is better than good news
A Newsfeed response to Samberine Everose:

Something I've noticed in the comment sections of romcoms (like Thai TV BL) is that many watch for 'the kiss' (which is usually in the last episode as a resolution of 'tragedy' in the episode before it) and the happy ending. Imho, neither are necessary and at times too cliche. But apparently that formula works for consumers and producers of this genre.

Length? If it's emotionally satisfying readers want part 27 whether it's "Game of Thrones" or "Halloween" And if it's commercially successful it never ends...

A short story can have a greater impact than a novel and become a classic but whether it 'sells' or not may determine its 'success'.


*sigh* I'm not motivated by money. I write for myself as it helps me emotionally but I also write for others as a gift.

I had a flurry of over 30 emails. *Worry* This unnerves me as it triggers the 'what did I do wrong' response. But... there was no reason to be concerned. Still, it illustrates how no news is better than good news at times.

I manage depression better than anxiety.

I told Harlow Flick: "Much is taught and not innate.

When I visit Thailand I have to remember to not be angry, to use words and not intonations (the languages are tonal), to learn the proper pronouns that depend on situation and relationship, to learn how to eat with fingers and spoons (forks are not put in the mouth, knives are not present, chopsticks only used for noodles).

Respect is paramount. As is a smile.

I have much to learn."


To Neva: "Tolerance may seem lukewarm but it's a virtue we need to learn unless we are eager to live in a hot/cold hell."

"Space Cadet" quote?

We sat there staring at the emeralds dissolving before our eyes. The Vulch consoled me. "There's a lot of stardust out there that needs to get a life. You have one. The Void be jealous."

To Fathertymme:

"Jack has payed us a visit. I collect dead and wilting marigolds and snip the petals off with scissors. They are drying now. In the Season of the Snow Queen that Jack heralds I will add some color and flavor to rice. I wonder whether red roses and peach carnations will also suffice."


...building bridges between mountains, the isolated peaks of our existence, the valley slumbering, dreaming of visions, never opening curtains nor looking up towards the sky...

~410 words
Posted in "Blogville
5141

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019662-No-news-is-better-than-good-news