*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019722-Deflated
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1019722 added October 21, 2021 at 1:11am
Restrictions: None
Deflated
To ruwth: "This illustrates some of the issues we writers face (and not just on WDC).

I need to downsize here as I'm very close to my item limit. I've deleted before... because I needed the space for my blog. I think I made copies... somewhere.

Which gets to the issue of decluttering and rearranging my port.

But as for a will... I spoke to a friend Saturday and he has agreed to be my lawyer. So "Call Nick" will simplify matters here and elsewhere.

Of course... that still means making decisions and lists. *Shock2*"

It's noon and I've made coffee, although I haven't drank it all.

There comes a puncture ...

...to false pride
when treasured words
once cast like pearls
land before the swine

as they squeal in sheer delight
then turn their snouts
to root out other garbage
hidden in the slime.

© Kåre Enga 2021 [178.252] (20.oktober.2021)

Also to ruwth: "Daily struggles remain one's own until you share them. Then you find out that you're not alone!

Not all life is an edited essay or an award winning movie. The mundane, by definition, is what we face every day. It's messy and oft-times frustrating."

There comes a tumbling...

...when autumn comes and roots break off
from dried out weeds,
now driven 'cross the prairie
by the wind

and to the wash
as water sloshes
cleaning coats and woollen sweaters
just in time for winter.

© Kåre Enga 2021 [178.253] (20.oktober.2021)

There come a hush...

...to the public square
as the bell tower tolls
while the full moon glares
behind a cloud of smoke;

but, from my secret place I watch
two goblins prance and joke,
a werewolf with its eyes aglow,
the vampires stalking both.

© Kåre Enga 2021 [178.254] (20.oktober.2021)

To concrete-angel

"Thank you ever-so-much for many reasons:

1. I counted 1... 2... 4... as a child. I never cared much for the number 3. This of course makes no sense. However, I was at 399 and now I'm 400. The 300s are history! *Laugh*
2. I entered these and mostly forgot about them, then time passed and I was busy doing other things.
3. I used one for Shadows&Light (S4) but I was disappointed in the results. But... the other poems were awesome. *Hearto*
4. I need to edit these and find the originals as well and add those written since then and recently.
5. I need to review, edit and basically delve into my portfolio to see what's hiding in there. Some I've quite forgot. Others I need to consolidate into a single entry. My unread or unloved flash fictions come to mind. I'm near my limit of allowed items. I need to do some house-cleaning. Items with lots of views or lots of reviews or high ratings will be kept. The others? Depends.

Thanks for the encouraging cattle prod. *Bigsmile*"

This was what she sent me:

For a breathtaking and evocative compilation of themed poems



There comes a fattening

...to the crab
before we free it from our traps
to boil then crack
its carapace,

and to our flesh
as fashioned shells
begin to grunt and groan
and outfits split.

© Kåre Enga 2021 [178.255] (20.oktober.2021)

To Kit re families: "It's helpful to read and watch depictions of family in other cultures. In Thai TV series the strangling, supportive and/or toxic roles of the parents can be in-your-face. Westerners might think parents are controlling, and even some Thais may agree; but, when I visit, their cultural concepts of respect given and received is not up to me."



5145

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1019722-Deflated