*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021371-A-toilet-too-far-30-DBC-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2253743
Prompted replies for 30DBC, Journalistic Intentions, et al.
#1021371 added November 11, 2021 at 9:08pm
Restrictions: None
A toilet too far [30 DBC entry]
30DBC November 11 Prompt: You are desperate to use the bathroom. But, you share this with several others. It's down the hall (waaaay down the hall), and it's cold despite the heat being set to the 'normal' temperature. Being an older person, your legs and ability to hold it ain't what it used to be. How do you handle this dire situation?


The solution is ready-to-hand, if more than a little undignified. The building's heat is never 'normal' enough for me, so I keep a go bag right next to the door of my room (calling it an apartment is giving the layout way too much credit). The bag contains a change of clothing and a couple of Adult Diapers, and it goes with me every time I leave my little dwelling, including treks trips to the bathroom.

"That actually sounds like a pretty good plan. Where's the undignified part?" you ask. That would be the 30-gallon trash bag I use as an "outer diaper", to make sure I don't leave a trail between my door and the toilet. I just hope Mildred's not in there this time. I still haven't apologized enough for the last time I burst through the door, and pointing out the fact that she hadn't locked the door wasn't the smartest thing to say, either.


Note

Group imageWon during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers

© Copyright 2021 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1021371-A-toilet-too-far-30-DBC-entry