*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024701-Spy-on-the-island-Day-5-Andre-Blog-Challenge
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1024701 added February 12, 2022 at 1:40am
Restrictions: None
Spy on the island. Day 5 Andre Blog Challenge
Prompt: Andre the Blog Monkey's Final Mystery Challenge


5 Day Mini Challenge day 5


Take a good look at this painting, is there something mysterious about it?
A painting of a writer, who's having a drink, possibly wine, but more likely whiskey, maybe beer, whatever is in that glass
you know it's going to get the guy drunk, that's all I'm saying, and there's nothing mysterious about that.

So... What is the mystery behind the painting?

.

The enigmatic man who sat nightly in the corner of the bar, scribbling away, wouldn’t interact with any of the other patrons.
This had gone on for months and people had stopped asking the same old questions.
“Where are you from?” most of the locals wanted to know.
“Nowhere,” he’d reply.

It was unusual to have secret visitors to the island of Writing.Com, and yet this man had managed to get here by himself on a small rowing boat. He’d checked in to the only accommodation, and since then done nothing but sit and write and drink. He simply raises a finger in my direction when he needs a refill. Whiskey sour with a dash of coconut juice is his tipple.

Of course he is only human, well I believe he is, or maybe not. When he goes to relieve himself he always gathers up his writing materials and takes them with him, but this time he’s forgotten.

I creep up to the table and drag out my mobile phone and prepare to take a photo of what he’s been writing these many weeks. I quickly press the camera button.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

Oh no, I’ve been sprung!

I spin around. I mutter that I’m just cleaning the table, but I can tell he doesn’t believe me.

I apologise and walk behind the bar to check the photograph of his work. The pages were covered in tiny writing. My eyes aren’t what they used to be so I enlarge the screen.

Oh my God, he’s a spy. He’s been busy checking up on all the members as they log in to the place. It seems as if he’s working his way up from the black cases, then the yellow, blue and so on!

I’d better warn the StoryMaster.

© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1024701-Spy-on-the-island-Day-5-Andre-Blog-Challenge