*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026145-2622---Rootstand
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1026145 added February 6, 2022 at 11:29am
Restrictions: None
2/6/22 - Rootstand
Soundtrack of Your Life Logo
2/7/2022


         I sit here today, in a disc golf frame of mind, unable to go out to the course to scratch that particular itch. The cold weather is not my friend and magnifies the amount of pain that I must endure every day. And it is keeping me indoors, as I reserve my strength for work. In 2021, as my health continued to get better, Mark (my Hubby and partner in all sorts of shenanigans) would take me to the nearby courses for me to gain strength and soak in the vibes of nature. At first, it was all I could do just to walk even six holes of the 18-hole courses. But as I became stronger with time, I slowly worked my way up to being able to walk the entire 18 holes - twice in a day. Summer and early fall of 2021 saw me relearning how my body moves to the point that I was able to not only walk the courses but play them as well. Being able to get out to the course again and chunk some plastic (as we like to put it) was like the opening of the cage that had held me prisoner. I had regained my outlet for reducing stress, communing with nature, and socializing. The awkwardness that I feel when I am around people in most circumstances doesn't happen when I am on the course. We all share the same love of the sport, the same feeling of freedom as we watch our discs fly through the sky. Most of us have no problem when someone talks shit about our game - or talking shit about someone else's game. It's all in the spirit of the game. And a round of disc golf is a walk in the park - no matter how badly I play. It isn't about being competitive with others (especially not at the level at which I once again find myself) it is about competing with yourself and the forces of nature. Even the top pros can be bested by a good strong wind from out of nowhere. But like I said, I'm unable to play due to the weather. I told Mark to go without me as he loves the sport as much as I and would have driven me crazy pacing the halls of the house had he stayed home. So, what does this all have to do with my soundtrack pick for the day? Easy. It's about disc golf. The song is called Disc Golf Life and is by a motley group of musically inclined disc golfers calling themselves RootStand. -- And let me just say that I love the mouth harp. This won't be the only time this month that I post a song utilizing a harmonica either.

The video gives a bit of a look at what it is like tossing discs toward a basket. It may not be for everybody, but it is definitely for me - same with the song. And maybe soon the weather will warm enough for me to get back out to the course, eh!






© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026145-2622---Rootstand