*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028501-Life-at-Normal
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1028501 added March 7, 2022 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
Life at Normal
         I woke this morning to a cold house and two cats at the back door begging to come inside to eat. The chill drove me to turn on the heater so now the house is warming up nicely. The cat thing is an everyday thing. Neither of them are roamers and prefer to stay within our yard or shed when not indoors, so we allow them to go outside when they want. And they are both spayed/neutered (there's one of each) so adding to the area kitty population isn't an issue. They like it outside unless the weather is bad or cold, they like to hunt and lay in the sun or do whatever it is that cats like to do when no humans are watching. But I'm sure they're going to be soaking up the heat inside for a while today. The high is only supposed to reach 51° F today so the cats will probably be inside most of the day, harassing the dog and annoying me. No biggie. I love the not so little furballs.

         The problem with my youngest still exists but it seems all of us old coots are in agreement finally. She needs to do as much of it as she can on her own. "She'll appreciate it more eventually that way" as my mom and mother-in-law both told us. My mom decided not to cosign for her either, but instead helped her find housing where she doesn't need a cosigner and would have a female housemate to share the bills with. Now, my baby girl is going to see just what she's made of. I know she can do it, we brought her up to be strong. Now if only she continues to believe she can do it, she'll be able to grab her life by the balls and make of it what she wants instead of letting someone else dictate what her life should be like.

         My oldest has agreed to let us throw a baby shower for her, with close friends and family. Since I was only held back from buying baby items because I didn't know what its gender would be, I am now buying baby stuff like a mad woman. If I see it and it's cute, I get it. Not all of the stuff I've bought has been girly though. The cuddle blanket is gray and white, and the stuffed animal attached is a panda. But I've also started getting things that every mom of a new baby needs like the thermometer, nail clippers, - you know, the baby care kit kind of stuff. I'm going to need a hamper to put everything in for her! And yes, I'm going to be buying more. There's still diapers, wipes, and clothes to get.

         Things are getting better on the financial front for us finally. With the relative warming of the weather, my husband has been getting calls from clients ready to have their lawn sprinklers turned back on. (Those that pull water from lakes and ponds have to have their systems drained and shut off before winter to avoid costly breaks to their pipes & pump) And with me working so much and getting a raise, we shouldn't have to live paycheck to paycheck soon enough. - Which is probably the reason I am able to buy little things for the baby here and there. - My dryer is still out, but my husband restrung the clothesline for me and with the better weather I am able to get that stuff done as well, without going to the Laundromat. Life is returning to normal, awaiting the next pothole in the road.

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1028501-Life-at-Normal