*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030433-Cross-Training-Syamira-Rosle
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1030433 added April 9, 2022 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
Cross Training Syamira Rosle
Locale: Schaumburg, Illinois

Week of: April 4, 2022

         This week finds me in Schaumburg, Illinois for the first time in almost 2 years. Yes, I've been there a couple of times last year, but it was a one-day stop each time; I'm not counting those as 'real trips'.

         I had a lot of fun cross-training Syamira, she was great, knew a lot, but on subjects I'm not familiar with.  Our training covered topics she's not familiar with.  She learned a lot of course, I learned some on Friday when we worked with one of the lab guys on the Direct Attached Storage on one of the Virtual Servers.

         But it wasn't all fun and games on Monday and Tuesday.  Sunday and Monday nights I also delivered a class online o the Philippine Armed Forces.  This was to finish up the class we started 2 weeks before.  As a result, I was pretty tired Monday.  In fact, at one point I nodded off for a brief 'second' before waking.  That was when I told her, "I'm exhausted, I need to go to my hotel and get some rest before class tonight."  So we ended the day at 2 so I could get some rest.  I didn't get much, maybe an hour, but it did help.  Luckily we were finished with class at 9 pm that night, so I was able to get some much needed rest.  Still, it wasn't until Wednesday that I felt a bit like myself. 

         As I mentioned, things went well as she learned more about the topics she came to discuss.  I learned that she's been here for 9 weeks now, spending the first 6 weeks in Fort Lauderdale.  There was one surprise for me this week too though.  I was in the area outside the classroom when a woman walked by, looked at me and said, "Alright, which class did I have you as my instructor?"  I knew her face, but there was no way I would remember what class she had been in.  We talked a little more, and in the process learned that she will be in the Networking class I'll deliver in mid-May.  *Smile*

         My schedule for the foreseeable future has not changed. Anything less than 45 days away does not usually change, but hey, the customer canceled/delayed my Washington DC class just 13 days prior to the class starting.  So the 45 day thing is not set in stone.  As of now, other than mandatory weeks off (2), vacation (4), and holiday weeks (5}, my schedule is now full the rest of the year!  I do expect a lot of changes though, but my schedule will stay full.


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Big Bowl - https://www.bigbowl.com/schaumburg/menus/dinner/  Their Poki Salad did not disappoint me one bit.  It was just excellent.

         Penang Malaysian Cuisine  https://qmenu.us/#/penang-malaysian-cuisine/menu/0  My best friend Ariel and I took  Syamira to dinner there Wednesday.  She had been there twice already, neither of us had been there before.  It was a very good experience for all three of us.


In Closing

         I will spend the next two weeks at home before going to Los Angeles for a week, followed by a week in Fort Lauderdale.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1030433-Cross-Training-Syamira-Rosle