*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031799-My-Final-Day-In-LA-for-now
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1031799 added May 2, 2022 at 6:18am
Restrictions: None
My Final Day In LA, for now
Locale: San Pedro, Ca

Week of: April 25, 2022

         This week's class was more than one could hope for.  I always try to do my best, and this particular subject brings out my personality more than most.  Why?  Because it's not a technical subject, but then again it is.  It's just that in this class, you facilitate  far more than lecture.  True, it's 'Death By Powerpoint' all week, but it's how you deliver it that makes it a good class.  I don't read from the slides, we discuss the idea of it all.  But, you have to know the technical side too, you must know the subject matter, just like any class you teach.  It's all in how you deliver it.


         Prior to coming to SoCal, I contacted a few WDC members I know who live in the LA area.  We arranged to meet on Saturday morning for breakfast/lunch.  What a fantastic outing it was too!  We met at 'The Pan' and were not disappointed in the menu one bit.          https://www.thepan1.com/lomita-menu          I saw an item on the menu, and stopped looking.  I love Shrimp & Grits, and this serving of it was excellent.  But wait, who was there with me?  Well, how lucky can an old man get when three beautiful women meet him for breakfast on a Saturday morning?  Joining me were Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT , someone I've met several times in the past, a woman I consider a close friend.  Also joining us was Schnujo is Late to Lannister .  She has so much energy with the things she's doing, not just on WDC here, but in real life.  I get exhausted just reading what's going on with her!  And last, but certainly not least, was QueenOwl ~ A New Day Dawns .  She is such a sweetheart, a very caring person who wants to meet other WDC members and live life to the fullest.  This was my first time meeting Jody Schnujo is Late to Lannister and Miriam QueenOwl ~ A New Day Dawns , I certainly hope it won't be the last time we meet.  But what a way to end the week!

         After that wonderful breakfast, I drove to LAX to catch a flight to Fort Lauderdale for my next class.  We didn't leave until 3 pm LA time, and arrived in Fort Lauderdale about 11 pm.  Needless to say, I was pretty tired by the time I got to my hotel.  Unlike LA, I don't have a car here.  Parking is outrageous and costly.  Of course it's that way in any big city, but it seems worse here.  Plus, the training site is a 15 minute walk away, so I don't need a car other than to get to dinner.  Uber will suffice fine for that purpose.  *Smile*


In Closing

         I am here in Fort Lauderdale this week and will fly home Friday once class is done.  Next week I'm on vacation, or staycation since we're not going anywhere.  I do have plenty to do around the house, and will get some work done despite being on vacation.  My boss hates it when I do that, but it's about the only time I can find to get things done at a leisurely pace!  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!






Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1031799-My-Final-Day-In-LA-for-now