*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032298-Leaving-home
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1032298 added May 12, 2022 at 10:01am
Restrictions: None
Leaving home
Prompt for
FORUM
Welcome To My Reality Forum  (E)
Prompts to help you blog about real life and more...
#1967461 by Sunny
You have decided to emigrate, where are you going to live?

I’ve already done this. My husband and I emigrated from England to Australia fifty years ago. We had one child with us, our daughter, Sarah, who was just three years old at the time.

We chose Australia because of the weather, it’s as simple as that. We were quite successful at the time of making that decision. We were 28 years old and had two businesses, our own home and lived next door to my parents. It was such an adventure though. We hardly had time to reconsider before our application to reside in Australia was accepted. It was a move we didn’t really regret but there was a lot of homesickness in the first year. I think maybe if we had our time again we may have gone to live in the Eastern States instead of Perth in the West. Western Australia is so isolated,in fact Perth is the most isolated city in the world. It has had its advantages though especially in the Covid pandemic.

© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032298-Leaving-home