*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032663-The-First-Scam-is-the-Hardest
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1032663 added May 21, 2022 at 1:00am
Restrictions: None
The First Scam is the Hardest
For those who remember my planned trip to Thailand...I was due to fly out of Brisbane at the end of January 2022. Around two weeks before, I received an email from my travel agent advising me that the airline (Singapore Airlines) had cancelled one (or more, they never would specify) of my flights. The situation with Covid 19 made this a fairly common event. The travel agent advised it would cost me $50 for them to apply to the airline for a refund. I wasn't happy about this (either the flight cancellation or the fee to recover my money, as it wasn't me who cancelled), but resigned myself to the facts as they were, and agreed to the demands.

That was four months ago and I still haven't received my $2000 refund, and I believe that I never will.

I'm a Google Local Guide (Level 6) and write reviews of local businesses, restaurants and services I encounter. I also review internet companies, all in order to help others make educated decisions based on others' previous experiences.

Now, you would think that given this fact, I would use reviews to make my own decisions on what companies I use, but unfortunately in the case of the travel agent, I failed to do this, and now look at this failure as a very expensive lesson. The company is called Flight Network.

So, if you are looking to travel and wish to use an agent, DO NOT use this company. They are based in Canada, but have subsidiaries in most developed countries. All the reviews I have read since are the same...one star because unfortunately, this is the lowest rating that can be given. They take the money and won't refund it when they cancel...which they do...a lot.

It's a scam, and myself and many others are the victims. No amount of emails or phone calls will get our money back, and as hard as this is to swallow, it is what it is. These people operate with impunity. They know they can take people's money, steal it, never fulfil their promises and get away with it.

Remember their name...Flight Network...a scam company.

© Copyright 2022 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032663-The-First-Scam-is-the-Hardest