*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032848-Saddened-by-the-Madness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1032848 added May 25, 2022 at 3:55pm
Restrictions: None
Saddened by the Madness
I saw on the news yesterday evening about the elementary school in Uvalde Texas where kids and teachers were killed. While I do not currently live close to Uvalde, my family's homestead is less than an hour away from the town. The people there are amazingly kind people. But for anyone to have to experience such horror as these senseless killings hurts my heart.

I saw and heard the president go in front of the camera and use the shootings as a way to push his anti-gun laws. How does that show he cares about his people? To me it just appears that he was simply using this "convenient" circumstance to further his agenda. And what would federal emergency funds do to help those in that community? It won't bring their loved ones back.

Now I see news outlets looking at the school, almost blaming the school for the fact that it happened. It wasn't the school's fault. It wasn't the gun's fault either. The gun is an inanimate object, it doesn't think or do anything on its own. In fact, it takes a person to pull the trigger.

The 18 year old did it. Now they need to be looking into why he did it. How he got enough money to buy two guns and a load of ammo - that stuff ain't cheap you know. Why he shot his grandmother. Was the kid mentally unstable, or was there something else going on? In situations like this, isn't it better to look at all the potential factors involved and how those factors could be eliminated to keep future like occurrences from happening? Who's to say why the kid did what he did? We'll likely never know for sure - and if we did, would it really help keep it from happening again?

Those families are crushed from their losses. It is unthinkable. Pray for those people if you pray. If you don't pray, send them your most positive vibes and thoughts. Lord knows they all need it at this time.

© Copyright 2022 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1032848-Saddened-by-the-Madness