*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033189-Bye-Bye-Love
Rated: 18+ · Book · Music · #2274097
A short story collection based on Simon & Garfunkel's album [Musicology Anthology, 5/'22]
#1033189 added June 25, 2022 at 12:35am
Restrictions: None
Bye Bye Love


Bye Bye Love


"...so you see, Sandy, I've been thinking about you a lot."

"That's nice, Rick. I think about you, too."

"What I mean is, I've been really thinking about you. I even wrote you a poem." Rick took a small spiral notebook from his shirt pocket and began thumbing through it.

"A poem? That's very thoughtful of you, Rick, but you don't have to go to all the trouble of finding–"

"It's no trouble, Sandy. Really! I just have to find the final draft. I was trying to perfectly capture how I felt, so there were a lot of stops and starts and–"

"Excuse me, signorina." A strange man stood next to Sandy, his eyes catching hers when she looked up. "I could not help but notice you when I entered the restaurant. Your beauty caught my eye at once!"

"Really?" Sandy stammered.

Rick started to get up. "Hey, now, wait just a minute–"

"Rick! Don't interrupt the man!" She turned back to the stranger, tilting her head back a bit to take in his full height. "I must apologize for his rudeness. Please go on, sir."

"Your eyes, so bright a brown to complement your lovely hair, have taken my heart captive. I must be with you!"

Sandy blushed. "I don't even know your name."

"Names are nothing! Being together is everything! Come with me, signorina; come with me now!"

He held out his hand and, to Rick's horror, Sandy took it. They began moving toward the door.

"Sandy! No! You can't go with him!"

He tried to go after her, to remind her how he felt, but his legs were rooted to the floor. Unable to move, he watched them leave arm in arm.

"Sandy! No! No! You can't–"

Rick lurched upright in his bed, sweat pouring down his face, heart pounding in his chest. A dream! Just a horrible dream!

"There's no way that would ever happen, man," he told himself, "but enough is enough. Practice until you've got it down, then get it done!"

He climbed out of bed and moved to a small sofa. Picking up the guitar from where he'd left it, he took a few deep breaths to calm himself and then began to practice.


[WC: 375]

Lyrics

Won during one of  [Link To User wordgeek] 's fundraisers
© Copyright 2022 Writer_Mike (UN: mikewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writer_Mike has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033189-Bye-Bye-Love