*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033204-Pollyanna-me
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1033204 added June 2, 2022 at 5:16am
Restrictions: None
Pollyanna me.
First prompt for
Journalistic Intentions  (18+)
This is for the journal keeping types that come to PLAY! New round starts February 1!
#2213121 by Elisa the Bunny Stik


https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JadeColoredGlasses

As a self confessed Pollyanna, I feel for those people forced by life, circumstances, or choice to wear Jade coloured glasses.
I’ve never heard of this phrase before, but the thought of seeing the world tinged with green make me feel nauseous.
I do admit to wearing the better known rose tinted spectacles.
When I read the introduction to the meme it made me sad that the child, soon to become adult, once saw things through a rosy hue and yet was forced by fate to exchange those glasses for ones which lent a distorted, less positive view of the world.
I have been accused of always seeing the best in people, as if I’m stupid or naïve, and yet that’s still my choice. I’ve had many reasons not to take this view. I’ve been hurt, disappointed and let down many times during my life and yet I still choose to believe people strike out because of pain or hurt they have had or are currently experiencing.
Human beings are no different to any other animals. The other species I know well are dogs. The way they are treated makes them the way they are. The reason they bark, bite or snarl is purely down to their owners. There’s no such thing as a bad dog just bad owners.
The same with human beings, parents are responsible for raising children who respect others, to explain to their child why people sometimes do bad things.
So, I’ll continue to pop on my rose tinted specs and view the world in a way that still makes me say: “it’s okay to give someone the benefit of the doubt.”





Frog in a Hanging Basket




© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1033204-Pollyanna-me