*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035947-Twentieth-week-of-the-dog-eared-year
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1035947 added August 8, 2022 at 12:00am
Restrictions: None
Twentieth week of the dog-eared year
*Flagr* 07 *Sun*

67 and the flag is limp. 11 am.

Meanwhile at YCC:

• DrCane1985: Two Rebellious Fishes later.... and Im gone. Jesus, take the wheel!!

• TybeeTime - SavannahStorm: Jesus turned a little too much water into wine and needs a DD.

The Tropics are a bit calm, so the weather/climate blog is slow.

Wordle: 0/2/4/15/14/3 = 38 since I rebooted this chromebook. I had only missed once previously in 100+ tries. My goal isn't to make it in 3, but to avoid losing. Word #6 three times? *Worry* i don't like losing. Today's word was a typical #4. I already had 4 letters, one in proper position. Thank you 'S'. *Bigsmile*

Why I travel: before I enter God's Waiting Room to sit and rot... I choose to live.

"I dance among the fireflies at twilight as Wednesday becomes Thursday." I need to work on this image. Thailand has colors for each day. sunday is red, Monday is yellow. Wednesday is green, then becomes grey in the evening, Thursday is orange. My colors are green and orange. Befittng a story, a poem and/or a song.

I did minor cleaning in a corner I seldom get into. More stuff to throw out or wash.

85 at 5 pm. May not reach 90.

In response to Adherrenium: "I wonder whether financing a year abroad to learn another culture and language would count...I mean... crowfunding crowdfunding seems to be common these days. Maybe Ivanka's daddy could supply the dough? I think not. He prolly still has his mother's first tuppence. She was Scot, y'know.

Did you know you can live in Bangkok on $8,000/month or in Chiang Mai on a measely $2,000 ($537/month rent for 3 bedrooms). Thailand is "cheap". *Shock2* Oh... can you hear my sarcasm dripping? I'd settle for a one bedroom at much less in Isan. I find ex-pats and their priorities disturbing.

But... if you know someone who has an extra $12k/year sitting around I know someone who would gladly invest it in himself (me) and share that experience with others."


Krungtep (Bangkok) on a Quarter-million: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I11Z9udn38Y
Chiang Mai on less: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/how-to-retire-in-thailands-%e2%80%9crose-o...

I did get a wash done. So, something today.

70 degrees at 22:00.

*Flagb* 06 *Sun*

67 at 10 in the morning. Will warm up in the afternoon into the 80s.

75 at 5 in the afternoon. Apparently didn't get much above 80, if at all. Very pleasant day and it will cool down nicely before midnight.

Blueberry pastry from Irina at market. Huckleberry-lime milkshake at Butterfly Herbs. Read some old flash fiction from 2019 I had printed out: dialogue, no dialogue and mixed. What to do with them?

I forgot the butter yesterday when making mac&cheese (or did I?); anyhoo, added butter to the chicken I was simmering in the skillet with a can of cream of mushroom soup, black pepper, paprika, onion flakes. Very good.

I posted my musings on the Newsfeed:

"I forgot to add the butter to the mac-and-cheese yesterday; but, not-to-worry, I added it to the chicken today!"

Sail sat there, turning her head to one side then the other trying to make sense of what I just said. And... that was the problem. It made no sense. She tried to understand everything that her literal mind couldn't cope with. She'd be rocking in her chair, thinking, and rethinking. For days, if I let her.

I gave Kyle that look and he came bounding over. "Let's get Sail and go for a walk." Sail wouldn't budge until Kyle whacked her with his tail and slobbered all over her. Then she smiled and slowly gave me her hand.

Today was August 6th. It was almost 22 years since she'd entered my life.

What happens next? And why? That might depend on what you know about Sail and whether you think there's a medical, mental, physical, emotional issue that clarifies her actions and defines our relationship.

I send kind thoughts to Cubby. Still camping? I missed '1st Chapter" last month and this is how I write when I enter her contests. By-the-way, the opening line is 100% true... the rest is absolute fiction."


60 degrees at 22:22. Oh my bleating heart! *Hearto*

*Flagw* 05 *Sun*

55 calm degrees at 8 in the morning. 80 at 2:30 with a light breeze, "wispy cataracts cover the blue-eyed sky." Temps easing. We needed the break. Trees and flowers are thirsty. Not a drop in sight before Wednesday.

Need to go through old poems and submit to appropriate contests.

Need to clean out a corner of the kitchen today, clear off the table, go through a couple boxes.

Situation in Taiwan is unnerving.

There was a thought... a fleeting thought... but no worries... it's gone now. Ah... "A poem of little insight".

*Flag* 04 *Sun*

67 at 9. $4.29/gal gas. Fans blowing.

Big contest is "what a character" and I'm not sure yet where to go with it. Some magic is small, like rotting vegetables turning into compost or personal, like your mother's ashes becoming a porcelain urn (the urn that's empty of ashes) [or your mother's ashes as a glaze, your father's mixed with clay = "Together Forever"]. But what is magic? I imagine twins, one injured or deformed. Would a uninformed magician presented with one and then the other be shocked to the point of a heart attack because they believe/disbelieve in magic? What happens to a faker when transported to a world that's magical. An 18th century Ben Franklin might cope with 21st century change but would a small town priest who's overworked? Not everyone is flexible enough to transform themselves. Transform... whether it's outer matching inner or inner matching outer (becoming the mask) there's a price to pay. What about sub-genres: western, slipstream (surrrealism),lgbtq, romance (romancing the urn?), children, immortality, sports, time travel, psychological, medical, utopia/dystopia, mystery. goth, thriller, AI, dark, historical, autobiography (real or imagined), ghosts, comedy, horror, Lovecraftian, occult (cult?), holiday, biopunk, cyberpunk, steampunk (silkpunk), inspirational, military, food!

A link re genres: https://www.servicescape.com/blog/144-genres-and-subgenres-for-fiction-writing

To Mary on fb: "I don't understand why Texans put up with horses*** and bulls***. I know they-all aren't illiterate."

At 5 pm, 86 degrees with 18% humidity and a stiff westerly breeze. Not too bad.

To Paul: "My brain = scrambled eggs.

You wrote: "a Robin Hood type that gives all of his booty away to charities."

I read: a Robin Hood type that gives all of his body parts away.

Which begs the question... while he's alive? Eyes, a kidney, a slice of liver (hold the onions)???"


74 at 21:30. It's cooling down. Lovely sunset tonght but I didn't go down to the bridge to savor its reflection in the channel. Watched for awhile as it faded from copper to rust and wrote a serenade.

Entered "Cherries before chores [48] into Stormy's newsletter as deadline loomed. Need to take care of other deadlines soon.

*Flaggr* 03 *Sun*

62 and cool at 9 am. Time for market.

Chocolate milk, ground pork and chicken thighs at Orange Food Farm.

Picked up free canned mushroom soup and beef stew at Senior Center.

Sat with Merry, Laxmi, David...

88 and breezy at 2:30. 13% humidity makes it bearable. What chore comes first?

Note to Petra re Jamiroquai: "Funky acid-jazz! Not what I expected. A kool-kat-in-the-hat soft-shoeing across a sliding stage wasn't what I was prepared for. Very talented.

Jay Kay is now 52. No idea of how old he is in this video."


*Flagbr* 02 *Wind*

80 degrees and freshening at 11-ish. The door to the fire escape is open and oh-what-a-difference! Hopefully it blows out the ennui along with the trapped heat. It's been a brutal week. Today may be cooler? And tonight 60.

I went through pants (mostly jeans) last night and rolled them up and put them in a drawer today. Most were wearable.

I'm eyeing the kitchen area. I think straightening that out and repositioning the table would be a worthy project. Bry had a family situation; so, not sure when she stop by this week.

I'm leaving shortly to visit God's Outer Waiting Room. Ravioli beckons me. *Bigsmile*

David may have a portable a/c for me! Tomorrow...

$4.34/gallon gasoline. Slowly coming down. 86 degrees at 2:02 pm. Need to change clothes.

Need to edit "The Winter Rose [295] (253words26lines) and submit to Senior Forum.

Important info on AI writing: "Becoming Obsolete

Only 85 degrees at 5.

First Place in Round 9 of Journalistic Intentions


I told Stik: "Thank you for reading and recognizing my effort for JI. It's a difficult contest for me because at times I have trouble wrapping my brain around it. Oktober? As long as it isn't cliche Halloween... unless we get to turn those cliches on their pointy little heads. *Vamp* There are reasons why I like the Taboo Word Contest and Darleen's Dark Dreamscape. JI has the advantage that one gets to choose, which means one can also avoid specific prompts. The way 30dbc was structured for years left me angry at times or gasping for breath. Triggered my traumas? *Rolleyes*

I could use a non-home workspace but if I have to walk there in the heat it may not happen. Fewer options close-by then pre-covid. Much less in the evening.

Hard to predict responses when one crosses cultural boundries. My friend Ronald from Costa Rica found out how different Hondurans and Guatemalans are culturally and I can vouch how utterly different Salvadoreans are from others in the region. Broad brush, I know; but, that's one way of interacting until one knows individuals. I don't trust Costa Ricans in general but I'd trust Alberth with my life.

Enjoy your trip to South-of-Wisconsin, East-of-Iowa, West-of-Indiana and Thankfully-not-Misery."


67 degrees at 11 pm. There is hope...

Orioles won. They are now 53-51. Last year they finished 52-110.

*Flagst* 01 *Sun*

74 degrees at midnight and it's just not going down. I'll take a shower before I nod off but that only helps for awhile. I sweat profusely and I've been having nightmares.

Managed to get two entries to contests done before the bell was rung: "Stranger in a stranger's land and "Dancing in the Earthlight. My chromebook was running out of juice. It's charged now.

Today may hit 100... again. I have lots of cleaning to do but the heat may limit certain tasks. Bry comes in Tuesday morning.

This daily blogging in one weekly post isn't working; but, nothing I have done has worked.

Did Wordle in 5. I've only missed once in over 130 tries.

My anxiety was high over the weekend. We shall see...

72 this morning; maybe it won't hit 100?

Awarded *Ribbonb*: "After oolong tea (Round 9). Also won Journalistic Intentions (June).

Merit Badge in Test Your Poetry
[Click For More Info]

Heartiest congratulations on winning Round 9 of TYP!


85 at noon-ish. I went to God's Waiting Room and parted with 2 books (37/100). Did not find my hat. I decided against death-by-salt (chili dogs w/ fritos). I'll eat cottage cheese with raspberries... at home.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-steps-up-bahai-persecution-with-wave-o...

93 and *Wind* at 5 pm.

I commented to Kittiara: "Well... now I know where some of my 'scandalous' writings might fit. *Shock2* ["Kit's Higher Ratings Contest]

I swear WDC can be a bunch of Catholic grade-school brats afraid of Sister Mary-Marcia of the Sobbing-Story (who secretly writes XGC porn... whatever...). And, yes, I know that sounds harsh.

Vetter... I read up. He has 3 children and he's 35? I'd retire too. Fortunately can afford to.

Vroom I played with cars in the dirt as a kid and went to the local speedway and even the Grand Prix. But... I hardly count... unless it's blowing dust going down a dirt road at 80 mph in my '60 Pontiac Catalina. *Bigsmile* Finding the car enthusiasts and biker-babes at WDC is hard-part #1. Getting them to write is #2.

Share my faith... ["Share Your Faith] I really wanted to write to 'joy' but July was Panic-Attack '22. 'Love' doesn't quite inspire me... yet. I think of the line from Paul Simon's "April come she will": August, die she must. Maybe I could write to that."

Cher: Is there Life after Love? Me: Is there Love after Life?

To Kmac390 re aliens from the Pleiedes revisiting us: "I wish! *HeartO* But maybe they already have? Oops... now I see you said another. We humanoids don't do our homework diligently, do we... maybe we're just as deaf (or deafer) than the stones we stand on."

5973

© Copyright 2022 KÃ¥re Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1035947-Twentieth-week-of-the-dog-eared-year