*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1036535-Why-do-I-write
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2278700
On the Personal Essay
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1036535 added August 17, 2022 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
Why do I write?

Why do I write?

In November 2020 I answered this question as follows:

"My objective, my aim, and my purpose of writing are the need to express myself with words and sentences. I feel this inner light to give a voice to what’s in my soul.

I write first and foremost to satisfy myself, but I want others to acknowledge my existence at the same time. I always write with an audience at the back of my mind. I wish to instruct, enlighten, and entertain as much as the next person, but that is out of my hands as soon as the poem or the blog, the short story, or the novel has been published. It’s out there now in the world, and in a way, it has nothing to do with me anymore. It has to stand on its own two, or four, or whatever feet.

I know I am proud or joyous or thrilled about its existence. Sometimes it’s not the best work, but it’s always my work, and it represents a piece of me in that period of time. That’s enough.

My work is my kids; some are healthy and strong; some are challenged. But all are mine, and I acknowledge their existence."

I would add today:

I write because that's the only thing I know how to do for the last 10 years. Blogging is my main daily writing although I try to write short stories and poetry as well. But blogging is my love! It's a combination of journaling and answering prompts.

I love writing because it gives me a reason to wake up in the morning, It structures my day and it gives me pleasure and so much more. When I am in the flow of creating with words I feel there is no time or place in the physical world. I am in the zone, the flow, or whatever you want to call it. I am totally focused on writing. It's my passion!

One of the reasons, probably, but I am guessing now, is that I have to be totally focused because I am an ESL writer, and English is not my mother's tongue (Could you tell? *Bigsmile*) so it takes time to find the right words and work with Grammarly to avoid the biggest mistakes.

Second, I type with one (additional two) fingers, so I am writing SLOWLY!

And third, I always wanted to be a writer and now I am. Thanks to Writing.com I am evolving my craftsmanship. I have published some stories and poetry and I have finished a novel.

I am still an absolute beginner, but I am getting there.

Writing is what makes me utterly happy! Writing is my love!




Note

© Copyright 2022 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1036535-Why-do-I-write