*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037918-Be-kind
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1037918 added September 20, 2022 at 11:06am
Restrictions: None
Be kind
FORUM
Welcome To My Reality Forum  (E)
Prompts to help you blog about real life and more...
#1967461 by Sunny

Prompt 2: Are you kind to yourself?

These days I’m much kinder to myself than in previous years. I give myself a break. I try to tell myself I’m good enough.
I’ve always had a guilt complex if I’m not doing something useful. That stems from my very early childhood. My mother was a workaholic, she never seemed to sit down. The house always had to be spik and span. Beds needed to be made as soon as you got out of them.
That has stayed with me and even now I couldn’t leave the house leaving unmade beds.

If my parents saw me and my brothers seemingly doing nothing, then a job was soon found for us to do. We were raised on a farm and all the chores had to be done before school.

After I had my own family I found myself trying to do everything, just like my mother, but eventually I realised something had to give. I dropped my standards as regards housework and although our home is always tidy, I allow the dust to settle.

The kindest thing I do for myself is to give myself time to write. While I’m writing I’m not feeling guilty about all the other things I should be doing.
I only hope I never made my children feel guilty for just being themselves, for idling away the time, daydreaming perhaps or just sitting doing absolutely nothing.

I’ve learned that life is too short to spend it doing chores. Go and have some fun and if you have to climb into an unmade bed, so what?


© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037918-Be-kind