*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040381
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #2284610
This is the Drop
#1040381 added November 7, 2022 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
2. The Red Wave
I cry out with pain as they fall from the sky. Surrounding us with debris from the falling bombs. We must take shelter in the underground. We must descend into the bowels of the earth. Save mankind from the calamity about to fall upon the earth. From Russia, with love. But it is not only them. It is a network, and they are at the helm.

It brews and it spins - the endless machine pumping its propaganda out into our social media feeds. Through shady backroom business deals it manifests itself in the media we consume online. It is what we are told to hear and think about that which is being peddled out to all like endless reams of newspapers off of a printing press. Even once trusted news sources have become infected with the mind virus as they gladly line their pockets with treasures full of sand.

They worm and wriggle like weasels as they snuggle up in bed with oily salesmen. They are full of false promises. They present to us a desire for cooperation and peace, but underneath it all is a lion's den of hate and men who seek only to destroy that which we hold dear. Our freedoms.

This is the new cold war of info-tech.

As the masses gobble it all up like vultures waiting for the next shocking outrage they can consume and share out. To be torn apart in fits of rage and injustice. It plays upon their human needs for purpose in a bleak world full of empty promises and desires with no north star, no light to guide them.

---

As army is at my back. They gather round waiting to attack the enemy. We will not back down. We will not turn away. We are not afraid of that which stands before us. We are many. We are strong. We are free. We are a legion: Commanders, corporals, technological wizards. We are brothers. We are sisters. We are together.

We demand to be seen now, to be heard. We will not be silenced into submission any longer. We do not believe in your false promises. We see what you are, and we will not acquiesce our lands and our freedoms to you. We will rise and fight, and fight we will. We will use your own weapons against you, deflecting your words and tactics right back in your face.

You will eat yourselves alive as you slowly turn inwards and upon each other. Self-directed hate and shame for all that you will be unable to live up. Those with no moral standards are unable to stand for long before being exposed for the shams they are.

Thus, let it be known:
We are light.
And we will prevail.

© Copyright 2022 Crystal Dragon (UN: chantellemarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Crystal Dragon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1040381