*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043591-Online-Delivery-New-South-Wales-Telco
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1043591 added January 24, 2023 at 5:56am
Restrictions: None
Online Delivery, New South Wales Telco
Locale: Bloomington Illinois

Week of: 1/16/23}

         This past week I delivered an online class to New South Wales Telco in Australia.  Due to the time difference, the class hours were 4 pm to 8 pm Central time, Monday thru Thursday.  This was 9 am to 1 pm for the students, Tuesday thru Friday.  The class was Fleetmapping, and in going through the class materials and their feedback, I learned that they have one of the largest radio systems we've deployed.  Plus, they've had their system for over 10 years, so I wondered why they wanted Fleetmapping now since their Fleetmap is already developed.  What it boils down to, is their system had grown a lot (of course), and the students were looking to improve things, as well as learning more about configuring the system.  Personally, I learned a lot from them, on another personal note, I found that I don't really enjoy delivering in that time frame.  Life should be so tough, huh.

         The class went very well.  Not that I didn't have issues or questions of my own, but their participation and questions was awesome.  in doing an online class, it is often hard to get students to interact with you, hard to get them to ask questions.  I don't see them, I only see their names in the virtual classroom, without questions or participation from them you can wonder if you're alone in the virtual classroom talking to yourself.  That wasn't the case here.  They asked questions and comments from the first hour and it never stopped.  I loved it!  It does help the class flow smoother and seemingly faster when this occurs.

         When the class was complete, several students thanked me for the class, a couple left comments in the chat about how much they learned during the week.  That's always nice to hear of course.  For my part, I make sure to thank them for their time, and allowing me to share knowledge with them, and for helping me learn also.  I don't say that to get on their 'good side', I mean it.  After all, if it wasn't for them and so many other customers asking for training, I wouldn't have a job!

In Closing


         This week, I am in Laurel Maryland delivering a class on Basic RF Principles and Theory.  I will write about this trip later once things are done.  Until my next entry stay safe, be good, be healthy, and take care of those you love!

Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043591-Online-Delivery-New-South-Wales-Telco