*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043931-Laurel-Maryland
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1043931 added January 31, 2023 at 8:28am
Restrictions: None
Laurel Maryland
Locale: Laurel Maryland

Week of: 1/23/23}

         This past week I was in :Laurel Maryland for a basic RF class with new Motorola Employees.  This class covers basic RF theory, radio operation, and other RF related topics that help a person new to the RF field understand how radios work.  I've taught it for 22 years now, sometimes I feel like I could deliver it blindfolded.... *Laugh*

         The highlight of this trip though, was meeting 🌸 pwheeler - love joy peace on Sunday.  We spent about an hour walking around the National Arboretum in Washington DC.  She's an excellent person to get to know, her personality is one of a relaxed person with a laid back attitude.  Being very pretty, bordering on beautiful helps out of course.  Like most people, myself included, she feels she could look better.  She's fine as she is if you ask me.

         My trip home was a bit different from most. Class was finished at noon on Friday which is pretty usual.  I headed for Reagan Airport, but knew my flight was delayed already.  By the time I arrived at Reagan, my flight had been delayed even more.  In fact, now it would land five minutes after my connecting flight had left!  I resigned myself to the idea of spending the night in a hotel near O'Hare.  You might wonder why my other half didn't come up to get me.  First, it's a two hour drive which isn't that bad.  But, she doesn't drive at night due to vision problems, so I was stuck it seemed.

         After getting through security I went to the nearest American Airlines Customer Service Desk.  I asked about earlier flights, and to my surprise she said there was a flight leaving very soon, and assigned me to a seat on it!  I got on board, and the cabin door was closed behind me while I was walking through the first class area to my seat.  My Guardian Travel Angel was watching over me, as they have on numerous occasions.  Because of catching this earlier flight I was able to have dinner at O'Hare.

Noteworthy Restaurants:

         Mango's Grill Restaurant          http://mangosgrillrestaurant.com/          The menu for this place really called me.  I had their  Pupusas for an appetizer. A typical Salvadorian homemade corn tortilla stuffed with Pork & Cheese.  For my dinner, I chose their Patron Platter which had a Cheese chile relleno, chicken enchilada & pork tamale.  Needless to say i had leftovers which I saved for lunch the next day.

         Kabu Japanese Steakhouse          https://kabu-japanesesteakhouse.com/our-menus/          This place was next door to Mango's, going there was a no-brainer.  I had their Shrimp Shumai as an appetizer, and two Sushi Rolls for dinner,.  I chose their Out-Of-Control-Roll, and Godzilla Roll.  Both were excellent and fit the bill that night perfectly!

In Closing


         This week, I am in Colorado Springs delivering a class on one of our newer radios.  I will write about this trip later once things are done.  Until my next entry stay safe, be good, be healthy, and take care of those you love!


Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2023 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1043931-Laurel-Maryland